Visa expiring

Guest51810

As most people know I stupidly applied for my visa too early as a motivator but ended up losing my job so didn't have enough money to go on the month it expires in. Is it just a case of letting it expire and then I'll be okay to get a new one with no problems? Or do you think it will take longer. Before I did apply I phoned the london office and they said it happens a lot so im assuming it's okay but just wanted to check. Won't be applying till october if it doesn't take long the second time

As most people know I stupidly applied for my visa too early as a motivator but ended up losing my job so didn't have enough money to go on the month it expires in. Is it just a case of letting it expire and then I'll be okay to get a new one with no problems? Or do you think it will take longer. Before I did apply I phoned the london office and they said it happens a lot so im assuming it's okay but just wanted to check. Won't be applying till october if it doesn't take long the second time

I wouldn't book anything else until you have it - so get the visa before you books flights, pay for your package etc., very unlikely you wouldn't get one but....

Haha that would just be my luck wouldn't it. I really don't think I would be declined because he basically said that on the phone but I just don't know if it would be as quick as 2 hours. I could actually kick myself for applying for it so early. Moral of the story - listen to your parents

Haha that would just be my luck wouldn't it. I really don't think I would be declined because he basically said that on the phone but I just don't know if it would be as quick as 2 hours. I could actually kick myself for applying for it so early. Moral of the story - listen to your parents

I disagree... never ever, listen to your parents when it comes to things like this :-)

If i listened to one of my parents i'd never move to Australia as it doesn't suit them. Ok, so you booked too early - you lost a bit of money, but that's life, that's a good learning experience for you. Its all part of the greater good :-)

How much is a visa these days? I remember paying STA about £80 to process mine for me then finding out I could have done it myself, much easier, much quicker and much cheaper on the tinternet. (this was way back in 2003 mind so I wouldnt be suprised if they had quadrupled in price by now)