417 visa processing time - taking forever!

GabrielleWatson

Hi all,

I have recently been granted my 417 visa and im waiting for my bf to get his, however, its taken over a week so far. They asked him to provide a colour copy of his passport and attach it to the application, which we did, but still no word on the visa? It has been over a week since he applied and we are getting worried. Has anyone else had this sort of issue? I saw on the immi website that processing time is 6 days. Can anyone put our minds at rest?

Thanks guys & girls. X

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm new here but signed up to say that I didn't hear back from them for well over a month. I called up their office in Canada and they said it was because they were going to need a chest X-ray for TB since I was in Taiwan for 4 months. They were super friendly over the phone and didn't seem to mind me bugging them.

That said, I'm currently on a layover in SFO on my way to Aus :) Best wishes on the visa! :)

There's evidently some reason why they need to do some additional checking on your application. Perhaps you have the same name as someone who has already had a WHV or W&HV or perhaps an answer to one of the questions is a complication of some kind. Don't worry; if you haven't done the wrong thing and your application is above board, you'll get your visa after they've checked it out.

There's a special enquiry form for WHVs if you want to chase it up:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres-working-holiday.htm

Edited by Ozmaniac

• 3 months later...

Hi,

my application took over a week because I have two passports, I dos get worried as my friends took less than 2 days and some arrived same day.

I thought of not mentioning my second passport but I thought if they found out I'll get rejected. Every information matters to them.