Arriving in Sydney next weekend

IsaacShaw13

I will be arriving in Sydney next week, looking to possibly find work there and house share. Can any one give me any advice on the best way to find work (willing to do anything at first). I have been in Australia 3 weeks and have just about to finish travelling the easy Coast. I am 19 years old also!

Check gumtree everyday, consider advertising yourself if you have a specific skill (and don't mind a few weird replies), keep your eye on notice boards etc and talk to other travellers, word of mouth is key. Peter Pans, Wicked travel etc can also sometimes help or check their notice boards. Get your CV up to scratch so you don't have to try messing around with it on public computers and consider printing some off before you come to avoid paying a fortune to print at Internet cafes, drop into shops etc. also email it to yourself in a blank email so it's easily accessible and forwardable from anywhere.

Finally, no one is likely to employ you unless you can say you're going to commit to at least 3+ months or it's a short term contract.

Edited by Britpop