Caroline Springs/Taylors Lakes

Paula31

Hi, mu hubby has been offered a job in North Melbourne, I've been told the North can be a little scary but would like to know what the North West is like....Caroline Springs/Taylors Lakes area. Also in those areas is there alot to do? We have an 18 year old son and our daughter would be grade 3 primary so any feedback on primary schools would be good. Mowbray College looks good but i think its private?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi , we have lived in Caroline springs for over 3 years now and couldn't imagine living anywhere else , not sure exactly what your looking for , but seems you are already in Melbourne so you are in a great position to come and take a look ! If you think I can help in anyway I would gladly help (not sure what your 18 yr old sons interests are and I have daughters that are younger) good luck with your search for a suitable suburb to relocate ,we love it here and wouldn't consider moving from here , however it may not be everyone's cup of tea ,can't think why thou ! Best of luck lee

Hi , we have lived in Caroline springs for over 3 years now and couldn't imagine living anywhere else , not sure exactly what your looking for , but seems you are already in Melbourne so you are in a great position to come and take a look ! If you think I can help in anyway I would gladly help (not sure what your 18 yr old sons interests are and I have daughters that are younger) good luck with your search for a suitable suburb to relocate ,we love it here and wouldn't consider moving from here , however it may not be everyone's cup of tea ,can't think why thou ! Best of luck lee

Hi Tracy and Lee, We are in Derimut so not far from you. Spend a lot of time in CS, I really like it there. Only thing that puts me off is no train station as I work the other side of the city in Richmond. How old are your girls? We have a 3.5yr old son. I've not met any other poms around these parts!

Hi Lee, thanks for that, we have applied for a few rentals (they get snapped up so fast) we hope to be up in CS this week. Do you know if there are any football (soccer) clubs up that way, my hubby and son would be interested in it.

Cheers Paula

Hi Tracy and Lee, We are in Derimut so not far from you. Spend a lot of time in CS, I really like it there. Only thing that puts me off is no train station as I work the other side of the city in Richmond. How old are your girls? We have a 3.5yr old son. I've not met any other poms around these parts!

Hi SKW , our youngest is 8 ,you are not far from us , what train station do you use , I know there is one at deer park , didnt know there was a train station where you are ,if I ever need the train I use watergardens ,takes me 6mins from Caroline springs and that includes parking the car and sitting on the train waiting for it to depart ,being the start of the line I always get a seat ,so for us when they put a train station at cs it will be the other end of cs so I would still use the watergardens ,they have started work on a train station at Williams landing so they seem to be adding to the rail network ,how do you find shopping at cs and have you tried the watergardens ,maybe on a future shopping trip to cs you could meet up with my wife for a coffee ?

• 1 year later...
Hi there

Im new to this, but noticed your post. I know it's over a year ago! I live in Delahey and have two boys - 5yr and 2.5yr. Just wondering if you would be interested in a play date in the area?

Hi,

A play date sounds like a great idea. I can't private message you for some reason but message me and we can arrange something.

Taylors Lakes (Point Cook) and Caroline Springs are both very similar large estates that where you can get a decent sized property at fairly reasonable prices well for Melbourne anyway.

Not my choice of places to live as you could literally be anywhere in the world but they are safe areas with plenty of amenities. Getting in and out of Taylors Lakes can be tricky with the road network so considering transport Caroline Springs would probably be a better choice especially for your 18 year old. Sorry I don't know about schools?

Other nice areas include Yarraville, Altona, Newport and of course Williamstown if you are looking to live on the westside of Melbourne.

Hi, we moved to Caroline Springs just over a year ago, we really like it here. It's about a 25 minute drive to the city and beaches, 7 minutes drive to the train station (which is one of the first stops after Sunbury so it's never full early in the morning. There are great shopping malls and lovely walks, lakes etc. There is plenty to do for all ages and its all on the doorstep (we have a 19 year old son and a daughter who is in grade 4). We love the feel of the place, very open which we like no hustle and bustle, tram lines etc. Its close enough to the city and if you like to get out and explore the more rural areas these too are pretty close. There are a few primary schools which are good (non private) Mowbray in CS closed down last year. There are a lot of families here and it has always felt safe. Point Cook may be a little more drive to get to North Melbourne and I've heard the road from Point Cook to the city can be quite busy at times. We don't have any headaches with commuting from here. Please feel free to personal message me if you want to chat further and need any more specific info:biggrin:.

Warm regards

Paula

Hi

I think I sent you a personal message - let me know if it didn't come through and I will do it again.

Cheers

Hi,

A play date sounds like a great idea. I can't private message you for some reason but message me and we can arrange something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paula

Been reading all these posts with interest. We moved from South London in 2007 to Kinglake, Vic but decided to make a move up to the Sunshine Coast this year. What a mistake. Has been like moving from the UK all over again. After a lot of soul searching we have decided that Vic is the place we want to call home however need to be closer to the CBD for hubby work. We have two kids 9 and 14. Noticed you have been there a while now and still are happy with the CS and Taylors Lake area. Our main concern is the kids moving schools yet again although they are both happy to. We want to make sure the next move is the right one so don't have to uproot the kids again at least until the older one finishes year 12. My query is therefore more school based. Have you or anyone got comments on good primary and secondary schools? Are there lots of new families in the area, hence more new kids at school. Just concerned they won't fit in although they are good kids and fitted in up here with no problem. Never visited the area when we lived in Vic but like I mentioned want to be near the CBD without being too near. Just want a nice safe area to call home again! Any advice appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We are planning to move to Melbourbne in the next few months (probably mid-July).

We have 2 boys (9 and 12) and Caroline springs seems like a nice place to live in. Would appreciate if you could provide more information about the area (if I may ask :)).

[1] Education is very important to us - any good schoold (public\private) in the area?

[2] Any kids activities kids can go after schooll (swimming; music; sport etc.)

[3] Is it a quiet and safe area to raise the kids?

[4] Any negative perspective from your end after 3 years living there? what would you improve :)?

[5] Any other useful information you can share with us?

My hubby is not at Melbourne planning to explore the area this week. Any information will be much appreciated :)!

Thanks,

Laor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - we are planning on moving (possibly) to the Caroline Springs area too around August...I'd be interested in any information anyone has regarding schools/kindergarten (kids are 5 & 3), and any replies to LaorAh's questions above :smile:

Would love to hear any opinions from those of you who have been there a while. thanks!

Hi there - we are planning on moving (possibly) to the Caroline Springs area too around August...I'd be interested in any information anyone has regarding schools/kindergarten (kids are 5 & 3), and any replies to LaorAh's questions above :smile:

Would love to hear any opinions from those of you who have been there a while. thanks!

Hi I live about 10 mins away from Caroline Springs. I have two little ones (3 and 6yrs), so not well placed to comment re. schools for older ones (sorry LaorAh). I have been living here for coming up to 10 years. I love Caroline Springs, great shopping centre, lake to walk round, kids playgrounds, great library with brilliant preschool story time. In my area there is definitely a lack of secondary schools, but I am actually in a different council area. Caroline Springs is in the Melton Shire, so limited knowledge on that. There are some lovely kindergartens around and some nice primary schools. A couple near me have 'open learning' set up. My older son has just started at a private school which goes from prep right through to year 12 (which solves the high school problem :rolleyes:). There are a few private schools accessible from Caroline Springs, my nephew (5 yrs old) goes to another one near Caroline Springs (5 mins away) and they love it there.

I know there is a bit of an issue with public transport in the Caroline Springs area. There is no train station. However if you drive, it is easy to access the freeway from Caroline Springs into the city. It has never been a problem for me as I drive, and don't work in the city! Also I am closer to other stations (being 10 mins from Caroline Springs).

I have always felt safe and comfortable in this area.

Let me know if I can help any more & drop us a line if you end up moving here :)

thanks Oldsapes - it's really useful to hear from someone who lives in the area, and I'm really happy to hear you like it!

I realise your kids are not a school there, but do you know anything about Creekside/Brookside Colleges in Caroline Springs? Is there a general perception about either of them? (ie is one generally accepted as better than the other?) Would you be able to suggest the local private schools accessible in the area? I know of Westbourne in Truganina, which looks lovely....

Archived