Gallbladder removed six months ago

Guest NatsB

Guest NatsB

Just wondering if this will raise any extra problems in my medical?

It was done overseas as I had a blocked duct while on holiday, so I don't have any uk medical records for it!

Anyone who can help.. It would be appreciated

Nats

Guest Guest31881

it will not be a problem, You are not going to be burden on the Medicare system and that is basically what the idea of the medical is. They are interested in long term illness, even then it is not always a problem, I have a lifelong illness and i got my visa, a Missing gall bladder will not be a problem. I would suggest you see if your GP will give you a letter explaining that there is not expected to be any long term complications fom the gall bladder removal.

Guest NatsB
it will not be a problem, You are not going to be burden on the Medicare system and that is basically what the idea of the medical is. They are interested in long term illness, even then it is not always a problem, I have a lifelong illness and i got my visa, a Missing gall bladder will not be a problem. I would suggest you see if your GP will give you a letter explaining that there is not expected to be any long term complications fom the gall bladder removal.

Thanks for your reply - I have just reviewed the medical forms I have to fill in - they do not ask or require you to disclose surgical history, so I don't think it will even come up... Unless they want to know what the scars on my stomach are from. It's was a one off, short hospital admission, so hopefully not relavent at all.

Its a bit like having your appendix or tonsils removed... Once it's gone it's gone!

Nats

Archived