What school years please? NSW

k8bug79

Hello, I was under the impression that my children would be a year behind in school when they go over, but talking to a friend today makes it look like they won't be. Can anyone work out what year my children will fall into or point me to a calculator? I am mainly concerned as to what school group they will go into in the Jan, they may go to school between Sept and Feb but I am going to concentrate on getting s settled.

We will be moving Sept 13. So the children won't return to their school after the summer holiday.

My eldest daughter is currently 8 her birthday is the 14th July so I know she just scrapes into the same school year out there. She will be 9 by the time she starts back at school in the January but 10 before the 31st July (currently year 4 UK and will be finishing year 5 UK when we leave)

My son is currently 5 will be 6 in December; he will be 7 already by the time he starts school in the Jan over there. (currently reception and will have finished year 1 when we leave)

My youngest daughter is 3 next week, she would start school the Sept we leave so won't actually start school in Sept at all. She will be 4 when we go and will turn 5 in the March.

Thanks

Hello, I was under the impression that my children would be a year behind in school when they go over, but talking to a friend today makes it look like they won't be. Can anyone work out what year my children will fall into or point me to a calculator? I am mainly concerned as to what school group they will go into in the Jan, they may go to school between Sept and Feb but I am going to concentrate on getting s settled.

We will be moving Sept 13. So the children won't return to their school after the summer holiday.

Hi the school years really confuse me for some reason.... I belive your child can start in the Jan if they turn 5 by 3oth July so i think your youngest will start the same year as my youngest.She was 3 in Dec and will start Jan 2014...I think... instead of sept 2013 so will infact only start school 4 months after they would have in the uk.

My middle child is 7 she will be 8 in june, after contacting the schools in Nsw she will be in year 2 when we arrive next month.

Hope that helps

Mandy

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

As Frostie explained, the cut off date for school age groups in NSW is 31st July. Can you confirm, are you moving in Sept 2013, so you're asking what years your children will be in if \ when you enrol in Jan 2014?

If I have understood correctly, your youngest is eligible to start school in NSW the Jan after your arrive. Your son will be eligible to join Year 2 the January after your arrive, if you want him to attend school from Sept - Dec he'll "re-do" a few months of Year 1.

I'm a little confused about the age of your older daughter but if she's aged 10 before 31st July 2014 she is eligible to join Year 5.

Good luck with your plans!

P.S. Sounds like a good time to come so that all your children can get settled into primary school together i.e. before the eldest embarks on High School.

Thanks you have got the ages bang on and they are the years we thought they'd go into. thankfully no repeating which is good for eldest. We kind of held off coming until now to tie in with kids schooling. We didn't have the money and it looked liked best made plans would fail but due to some help from the family it seems to be coming together. Thanks for the reply

Archived