Mornington Peninsula

Daeria

We're moving to Hastings in the first instance, but would eventually like to live somewhere close (family in Hastings) but a bit more rural if you see what I mean. I was hoping for a few suggestions?

Are there any IT hubs other than Melbourne nearby? I work in care though.

I'm so excited - how early can I start sending out a CV do you think :jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen

You have Dandenong and Frankston which are work hubs, I like Hastings, also like Pearcedale, Cannons Creek, Tyabb etc.

Pearcedale and Dandenong look lovely!

Is it possible to buy a plot of land to build that is NOT "close to local shops" transport etc? I was only looking to build because of the extra grant, but maybe we would be better looking to buy an older rural property instead?

Hastings has expanded rapidly with a lot of new estates there and the land tends to be cheaper as its further out of the city. Also Tyabb has new land for sale and they are large blocks bu they are not cheap. Unfortunately land is expensive on the Mornington Peninsula although there is one block of land in Somerville which is quite steep and its for sale at 159 thousand. In an established area. If you want rural its costly. I am sure your family will be able to fill you in on what is cheap and what is not.

Dandenong is a city and it has a lot of offices so people tend to live out of the area and commute there for work.

Bittern has some rural land for sale and is popular as there is a train station there.

My Mum lives in Hastings and she is 93 and lives close to the shops so its perfect for her and there are a lot of people her age living in Hastings because its perfect for aged people, no hills, lots of units and town houses and they can walk to everything.

I have seen older people with mobility scooters going along the bike path from Hastings to Bittern. However Bittern has a new shopping centre now so maybe they will shop there lol.

The bike paths are great they go from Somerville right down to Somers, Somers is lovely to live but pricey, very popular.

Good luck you are coming to a lovely area and we do not want it discovered or said that its lovely as we do not want to end up like the Port Phillip side of the Bay (smile)

Guest The Pom Queen
Pearcedale and Dandenong look lovely!

Is it possible to buy a plot of land to build that is NOT "close to local shops" transport etc? I was only looking to build because of the extra grant, but maybe we would be better looking to buy an older rural property instead?

Dandenong isn't what I would class as lovely :wink: The Dandenong Ranges on the other hand are beautiful.

Archived