Speed of 457

rachall

Hi All

I have been very lucky to have been offered a job in Sydney with an employer who will sponsor me on a 457 for 4 yrs, I have an offer letter. They have asked how soon I can move. I have compiled all my info for registration but have yet to apply, which they know, but what I need to know is how quickly will the 457 be granted after I accept and they apply for the visa because I have to let them know and get things sorted this end and the other?

Any idea of time would be gratefully appreciated

Rachel

Not sure if this will help but my hubby is being sponsored on the same visa and they put our nomination in on the first of march and we got excepted today, so now need to get the ok to do our visa's.

we got told by the company that nomination would be a month and then the visa should be 21 days but it only took a week so I hope the visa will be just as quick. X

hope this helps. X

Guest First time Down Under

Hi Rachel,

Congratulations on the job offer! :smile: I'll be going out on the same visa. My employer submitted its nomination for business sponsorship and this came back approved in less than a week. I've just put in my application, and a week later have been contacted by my case officer asking for one last bit of info. So should hopefully have the visa through pretty soon. The relocation officer at my new place says that DI&C are expressing through 457 applications at the moment. So, whereas they usually take around 3 months to process, now it's all happening in around 3 weeks or thereabouts (possibly even less).

Hope this helps! And good luck!

Sue

Guest JamesandSandy

Hi Rachel,

Our visa took one week. Applied on the 29/02/12, approved 7/3/2012.

Sandy

Guest sam84

Hi Rachall

Congratulations on job offer! My partner has been offered employment and we will be going out on a 457 Visa. It took 3 weeks, it came back this morning :biggrin:

Archived