Working for yourself

Guest Oxfordlad

Guest Oxfordlad

I guess this is the right place for this!!

I am currently a contractor in the UK, the question is this.

what is it like working for yourself in Oz? are there tax benifits etc over being employed by someone?

currently in the UK I have my own company and work through that to avoid the 40% tax bracket could any one give me information about working this way in Oz

Cheers

Colin

I guess this is the right place for this!!

I am currently a contractor in the UK, the question is this.

what is it like working for yourself in Oz? are there tax benifits etc over being employed by someone?

currently in the UK I have my own company and work through that to avoid the 40% tax bracket could any one give me information about working this way in Oz

Cheers

Colin

I have been working for myself for the last 19 months................ and it is magic. :wacko:

No regrets whatsoever............. apart from not taking the plunge and branching out on my own a lot sooner.

Re tax and avoidance of paying same............. I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to just how good our accountant is?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Colin

Alan Collett can tell you about this. He is a Registered Migration Agent, lives in Melbourne, runs at least one company out there - Go Matilda - plus he is a Chartered Accountant in both jurisdictions.

It would be worth paying him a few quid to get him to give you a bit of advice, I suggest.

He can be contacted via e-mailing alan@gomatilda.com or via the contact details on the GM website.

Also, he has an accountancy firm in Southampton (UK) called Collett & Co. You can download fact sheets from the site. I've just had a look and there is one about setting up a business in Oz. Please see this link:

Collett & Co

Cheers

Gill

Archived