19 year old daughter on our 457 visa

maxi

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help on this matter.

Our 19 year old daughter is still living at home and doesn't work. She is in her final year at college studying art and design (a full time course) but was looking at staying at college in September to do a years foundation course in preparation for uni if we didn't go to oz.

My husband will have a 457 visa which the company he will work for has applied for. Obviously we want to bring our daughter with us and have spoken to the Australian embassy who tell us it shouldn't be a problem provided she isn't or ever has lived with someone else in a relationship or engaged or been engaged and is financially dependent on us and in full time education. She qualifies on all these matters but will we need to prove it? How can we prove that our daughter is studying at college and has never been engaged or lived away from home?

I just wondered if anyone has any experience in this and can help? Please?

Also on the issue of the 457 I have no idea how that works. The company doesn't have enough people there with the skills needed though it isn't recognised as a skill shortage and so applied for visas at the beginning of the year. How long is this likely to take and then what happens? Do we have to fill them in and wait for them to be approved or what????

Hate to be a pain but couldn't really do with some advice and a sounding board.

Many many thanks

Max

Archived