COMPUTERS, TV AND HI-FI

Guest ANDY101

Guest ANDY101

My wife and I really like technology - we've invested an irresponsible amount of money into computers, tv, DVD, hi fi etc. So the question is; can you take all that stuff with you? What do you know?

Cheers

Andy & Bev

Guest Nelson

Hi Andy.... you are right... is was an irresponsible amount of money coz I'm sorry to tell you that you may have real problems with your stuff down under :( Does the computer have a built in modem? If so, it is probably configured to B.T. standards and will not the suitable in Oz.. the DVD might be ok, it depends on what sort but the television is unlikely to be suitable. Other people will probably know a hell of a lot more than me but, anyhow, just think of all the techie shopping you can do when you get there :lol: . We are using a shipping company called John Mason (http://www.johnmason.com) based in Liverpool and, although we got several quotes, their service has been outstanding so far. They will be able to give you very accurate info, even if you don't end up using them. Hope this helps..

Guest ANDY101

Thanks for your response, Krista

I have this image in my mind of the LARGE vaulted ceilinged room stuffed with speakers and plasma screen etc - its part of my enhanced quality of life plan for Oz.

O well, I'll just have to hope for the best!

Cheers

Andy

Guest scoop

Hi Andy

Mark has posted good stuff on here before, I'll have a search and let you know if I'm successful.

SCoop

x

Guest ABCDiamond

If the TV will work is actually easy to check.

For a long time I have said that some will work, and that some won't, but I recently realised that my TV, purchased here in QLD 3 years ago, is actually made in France, and has NO setting for Australia and it works perfectly.

Therefore, if your TV has options to change the country settings, then I see no reason why it won't work.

United Kingdom uses System I : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Nicam I

Australia uses System B : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Zweiton B/G

Germany uses System B : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Zweiton B/G and/or System G : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Zweiton B/G

My current TV country settting is set for France, and it works here in QLD ?

HiFi: will work

DVD: will work, but Australia and UK are different region codes, so if yours are fixed region, then you may have problems with commercial DVD's set as Australia region. If you have a multi region DVD you should be OK.

Video Player/Recorder: Very unlikely to work as a recorder. I haven't seen one able to yet, but newer models ?? I don't know. Again it comes down to being able to change the country setting.

However, they will still play any recorded tapes that you have through any TV set, UK or Australian.

Computer: again no real problems, but a modem change may be needed.

Archived