Can any other women who have had Breast C and made the move be in touch.......

Guest lauraloves

Guest lauraloves

Hi

I am almost 3 years post the big c.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I still have to see an Oncologist every 6 months, so i'll have to find one in Sydney, can anyone recommend one?

I think i'll be moving to Avalon area near Sydney, if there are any young women support groups, I m in my 30's

thanks

LL

Hi

I am almost 3 years post the big c.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I still have to see an Oncologist every 6 months, so i'll have to find one in Sydney, can anyone recommend one?

I think i'll be moving to Avalon area near Sydney, if there are any young women support groups, I m in my 30's

thanks

LL

Hi Laura,

Cant help with the support group advice but just wanted to wish you luck with your move after such a difficult experience :wubclub:

Guest lauraloves

sorry i think i replied to the wrong post

i ve just had a look at the site you suggested and its exactly what i was after

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest westwoodc

Hi Laura, Im 1 year post disgnosis and we are wanting to apply, have you been granted your visa? By the time we would be submitting a visa and going through the medical we figure it would be this time next year and I would be nearly 2 years. Ive spoken to the Australian High Commission and they said there is no hard and fast timescale whereby you can not apply but Ive heard so many different things. Ive had a double mastectomy and recon, Ive been genetically tested and am all clear which I am hopeful will go in our favour, any advice or knowledge you have would be very gratefully received, thank you

Guest lauraloves

Hi

Firstly :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Well done! we are in the middle of the visa etc, i have my medical next Monday. I ll keep you posted and let you know of any obstacles, so far I ve not encountered any

laura

Guest westwoodc

Thank you, good luck for Monday. Im 37 and had triple negative bc, want very much to live in Australia and hope to god that this does not stop us xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lauraloves

Hi Claire

so far so good

had medicals in birmingham which have now been DHL to OZ immigration. I have nt heard anything so i m assuming they were OK, to be honest I think they are more worried about TB

So far the biggest issue has been getting insurance, thats proving to be expensive and i have had to send them loads of paperwork

do you want to send me your email and i ll direct message you, i dont often check this forum

xx

Guest westwoodc
Hi Claire

so far so good

had medicals in birmingham which have now been DHL to OZ immigration. I have nt heard anything so i m assuming they were OK, to be honest I think they are more worried about TB

So far the biggest issue has been getting insurance, thats proving to be expensive and i have had to send them loads of paperwork

do you want to send me your email and i ll direct message you, i dont often check this forum

Thank you Laura, Im really grateful. Ive sent you a private message, can you confirm you got it? xx

xx

Archived