Rod Stewart @ Hanging Rock

DrewNE

Guest ladyliss

I was there and at 8.30 am and got home at 12.35 that night and it was the best night ive ever had ...seeing the roadies make the stage come to life was amazing ...ive never been to an event that was faultless ...He sounded exactly the same if not better and no venue in the world could supply a backdrop like Hanging Rock and to see the images projected on the rock was breathtaking... when that sting in the sun went down ...amazing music ..gobsmacking visuals ...the open air ..being able to walk around if you wanted too..is my idea of perfection ..and THAT it was ....you can have your inclosed rod laver arna`s ... they dont even come close to what i experienced on Saturday night ..something i will never forget.

Guest The Pom Queen
I was there and at 8.30 am and got home at 12.35 that night and it was the best night ive ever had ...seeing the roadies make the stage come to life was amazing ...ive never been to an event that was faultless ...He sounded exactly the same if not better and no venue in the world could supply a backdrop like Hanging Rock and to see the images projected on the rock was breathtaking... when that sting in the sun went down ...amazing music ..gobsmacking visuals ...the open air ..being able to walk around if you wanted too..is my idea of perfection ..and THAT it was ....you can have your inclosed rod laver arna`s ... they dont even come close to what i experienced on Saturday night ..something i will never forget.

Sounds lovely, it's a shame they don't have a lot more gigs up there, I suppose it's the commute though from the CBD.

Guest ladyliss

Its only 40-50 minutes from the city ...and if it meant an open air great country atmosphere ..most dont bat an eyelid and it makes for a nice change for us having to travel to rod laver arena all the time. I`m sure they will have more but they are somewhat restricted time wise as the rock is an Aboriginal Heritage site -For ecological reasons - two nesting owls on the rock need to be protected - shows cannot be held after March each year.

Archived