Working In Australia

Dom Churchill

Hiya Everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post and helping out.

Basically I am thinking of taking a career break from my current employment, and taking off to Perth to see my sister for a few years or so. I am thinking of undertaking a student visa and learning a trade out there.

My sister says that she could get me a job out there to help support myself, and help pay my board but my enquiry is:

if I work in Australia, as I am permitted to work up to 20 hours under the conditions of a student visa, will it be shown back in the UK in terms of paying tax and the Inland Revenue bods??

Thank you once again

Dom biggrin.gif

Guest SupportPants

Unless you have property in the UK or other assets I don't see why you would need to fill in a UK tax return - declaring overseas income - if you are out of the UK for the tax year.

The danger with the plan will be the international student fees in Australia- they are likely be huge*

* I'm assuming you would be on a student visa and are not a permanent resident.

Unless you have property in the UK or other assets I don't see why you would need to fill in a UK tax return - declaring overseas income - if you are out of the UK for the tax year.

The danger with the plan will be the international student fees in Australia- they are likely be huge*

* I'm assuming you would be on a student visa and are not a permanent resident.

Hi there SP :)

I will be applying for a Student Visa. I will be a Mature International Student (I am 36 years old so don't qualify for the Working Visa option).

The course I want to do is around AUS$12000 plus resource fees and uniform costs. Yes it is expensive, but it will, hopefully, lead to a permanent visa once I complete the course.

Archived