Scoot - Gold Coast to Singapore

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Scoot Airlines has announced a new route from Singapore to the Gold Coast commencing in June, in a move expected to bring $65 million to the Queensland economy.

Singapore Airline’s low-budget carrier Scoot will fly to Coolangatta five times a week, potentially bringing in 104,000 visitors a year.

The announcement comes after months of collaboration between the new airline and Gold Coast Tourism, Gold Coast Airport, Queensland Government, and Tourism Australia bosses.

Gold Coast Airport chief operating officer Paul Donovan said the announcement validates the Gold Coast’s status as an international travel destination of choice.

“This announcement reinforces the ever increasing appeal of the Gold Coast in the market and demonstrates the potential that organisations like Scoot Airlines see in the growth of the destination, providing approximately 104,000 new inbound seats per annum.”

“We are thrilled we will soon be welcoming Scoot Airlines into the Gold Coast and commend the airline on its decision to make the Gold Coast its second Australian base,” Mr Donovan said.

Gold Coast Tourism CEO Martin Winter said securing direct flights into the Gold Coast from south east Asia had been a key objective of the destination marketing organisation over the past couple of years.

“Access is vital in the international tourism market, and in our region there is no better access than to be directly connected to the global network which Singapore delivers,” he said.

“The Gold Coast has today achieved a new standing as an international destination with regular direct flights from the Asian hub of Singapore unlocking a massive network of access and promotional opportunities.”

Flights will commence on June 12.

Guest proud2beaussie

I'm actually quite excited by the idea of Scoot flying into Australia,they are certainly a low cost carrier but I think they will be a lot better managed than

other el cheapo carriers like Tiger and Air Asia,I'm planning on flying with them as soon as possible after the launch in June and I'll post a review here on PIO.

Cheers

N'oz

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm actually quite excited by the idea of Scoot flying into Australia,they are certainly a low cost carrier but I think they will be a lot better managed than

other el cheapo carriers like Tiger and Air Asia,I'm planning on flying with them as soon as possible after the launch in June and I'll post a review here on PIO.

Cheers

N'oz

I have to agree Noz I'm looking forward to their arrival, although I hope they add a few extra routes.

Guest Sir Les Patterson

Hmmm.......it really boils down to who's swingin' the spanners and who's doing the drivin'..........you get's what you pay for.......for myself........I'd pay the extra (if I had to....which I don't)

Guest The Pom Queen

Sir Les, whilst I have you, why do we not have many international flights out of Cairns, why do we need to head to Brisbane or Darwin?

Guest Guest31881

Be interesting to see what the charges are to fly, Could end up with the situation that you fly LHR to Singapore then to Gold coast as a cheaper alternative to Brisbane ???

Guest Sir Les Patterson

M2M, I don't really know, passenger numbers I guess. Cairns is actually small fry compared to BN. As I fly out of Hong Kong and don't fly self loading freight I am a bit out of touch as to passenger services. The only time I use passenger services is to commute to and from work (Hong Kong).......even this is coming to a close within 12 months as I can feel retirement coming on............ the overnights in Manchester (amongst others) are becoming a chore.........just a pity they pay me so well :laugh:

Guest Guest31881
M2M, I don't really know, passenger numbers I guess. Cairns is actually small fry compared to BN. As I fly out of Hong Kong and don't fly self loading freight I am a bit out of touch as to passenger services. The only time I use passenger services is to commute to and from work (Hong Kong).......even this is coming to a close within 12 months as I can feel retirement coming on............ the overnights in Manchester (amongst others) are becoming a chore.........just a pity they pay me so well :laugh:

And there I was thought you did it for the love of the job...:wink:

Guest The Pom Queen

I'll stand in for you :wink:

I used Cathay for HK but still ended up going to Brisbane. Mind you I love exploring up here.

Guest Sir Les Patterson
And there I was thought you did it for the love of the job...

Of course................but gee the money's attractive lol

Guest Sir Les Patterson

I've been flying for 40 odd years and frankly I'm getting tired of working....I really want to sit back and put the feet up (and play more golf and do more sailing). The prospect however of not having a wage coming in is a bit daunting even though I will be comfortable in retirement. I need to do some work on my Porsche (like an upgraded turbocharger and "upmarket brakes") and I am looking at buying a "Warbird" (a WW2 fighter to stuff around in) and this is not cheap so I may have to "slave" for a few more years. Being home every night really does have it's advantages.

Archived