Where do I start?!

MattD

Hello everybody,

Am looking for some advice, which I am sure is a common question on the forum......Where do I start?

I have made the decision that I would like to move over to Oz in the next couple of years and really dont know how to get the ball rolling!

I am currently working within Financial Services and work within Quality Assurance as an Analyst. I know this isn't probably a job in high demand in Oz but I'm not sure how things work in terms of trying to obtain Sponsorship or whether I would possibly have to look into another career path to look towards being acceptable for a visa?

I am almost 26, so I know I can come over on a working holiday visa but not sure whether I could use that for a year and then look into staying permanently if I can get sponsored by a company or something?

Sorry if some of the answers are obvious - just need pointing in the right direction and be given some advice if some people are or have been in the same situation?

Look forward to reading your thoughts!

Thanks

Matt

Guest Guest31881

Hi.

Welcome to PIO

The first thing to do is to make sure you can qualify for a visa. Take a look at the immigration visa wizard... http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ and see if that helps, you could also try looking at the online assessments that are carried out by some migration agents. "Go Matilda & Visa Bureau" are two reputable companies that spring to mind, they do online assessments and then they will give you a short chat on the phone to discuss options and tell you what would be involved. Then you can decide to use an agent or go the DIY route for your visa. There are plenty of members on here who will advise and help with what is needed to complete your application.

Good luck with your visa adventure.

Archived