Anyone working for BIS industries or Howden out there? I have a question!!!!

Dansi

Hi all,

Looking for people that have emigrated with sponsorship from either BIS Industries or Howden enterprises. I would like to know what the turnover of staff is like!

I mean, its not that I expect them to hire people and sponsor them to come over, only to fire them when they get there. I just want to make sure that this isn't going on as a regular occurrence.

Thanks in advance

Simon.

Guest SupportPants

I'm in Mackay and have heard bad things about BIS. I know 3 families who left them and went home after just a few months.

Hi SupportPants and thanks for the response,

Do you know why these families left, as BIS have been quite upfront about changing their policies because of problems when it comes to bringing people out to Oz. They have said that in the past if the whole family came out at once and were put up by the company for the first little while it could cause stress, and people have left and gone home because of it. This was due to the accommodation being on the airport strip where there is nothing else for the family to do whilst the working party is away. They have stated a preference for people willing to go out alone at first to bring the family afterwards.

Could this have been the issue with the families that you have heard about?

Who do you work for By the way? Have you been through the whole process? how are you liking it?

Cheers

Simon.

Guest SupportPants

I am resorting to hearsay but I think the FIFO guys thought the accommodation was very bad, that BIS had agreed to pay relocation costs from the UK but then reneged on that. I think the two families I knew also needed company help to secure rentals - which they didn't get.

As for Mackay in general I'd say it's a place to start but not end up. It's very expensive.

Archived