ielts for other states

ade72

Am i right in thinking that i need a lower score in ielts for SA ,my trade on the list say's i need 6.5 ?

I wanted to head for perth but looking at the south now

Ade it depends whether you want to bank extra points for visa. If you can clear the 65 without 8s and only need 6.5 for four SS, don't put yourself through it. I needed 7s for my SS but because I had just turned 40, lost points, and so needed 8s to make my points back up.

I turn 40 in april ,So lets say i pass in feb and i submit my ss about 5th of march ,will that be enough time or is it the visa that has to be submitted

we got SS for SA in 25 days, I think WA are quicker though. As long as you get your visa in before are 40 you will be ok. Have you sat an ielts before? If so did you get enough for SS? If you did pass in Feb you need to put your SS in asap and not wait. Are you with an agent? My agent was ready to submit my visa as soon as I got my SS.

15 +years in my trade ,and passed my vetassess in september last year

haven't looked at SS yet but here is a link to the points criteria.

http://www.workpermit.com/australia/general-skilled-migration/new-gsm-points-test-july-2011.htm

It does look like you need 7s for your points though, even with a 475 I only make 60. Will look at SS now for you.

Can't find IELTs info for WA but SA only require 6.5 which you have. You could apply for SA now. Once granted it lasts for 60 days. You could then concentrate on getting your 7s and then lodging your visa before your birthday. If its a way in... We originally wanted to go to Perth but my occupation wasn't on their SOL, the more I looked at SA the more I liked it. The only advice I would give you is practice practice and more practice for your IELTs.

Hope this helps.

The link for SA http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

Archived