Panicking!!! Please please please - any help & advice much appreciated!!!!!

noble383

Hi all!!

I have just started to panick as we are going for a state sponsored 176 for Victoria and I am worried that we will not now get the Visa application in before 1st July 2012 and all the changes take place and we have to start all over again!!!

My wife is a secondary French teacher (main applicant on SS176) and I am a financial services practice manager.

We have just simultaneously applied for the AITSL test (upto 12 weeks) & VIT registration (4-6 weeks) and then once they come through, we apply for state sponsorship (upto 12 weeks or longer). Only then can we put our 176 Visa application in. By my calculations that will be 15th July and too late!! I am a bit annoyed with my agent as he didnt really make this clear when we started at the end of December 2011.

Are the 12 weeks for AITSL and sponsorship realsitic??

So do we abandon our 176 and try and find jobs that will offer sponsorship under a 457? I have some contacts I could approach and even if I volunteered to pay all the costs involved with the sponsorship would that help my cause??

Does a 457 have to be for a job on the skills list?? Also will this Visa still continue after 1st July 2012 when 'expression of interest' comes into play?

We are both 34, perfect health, no kids or pets and British and British/French nationality.

Please please please can anyone offer advice??

Thank you

Guest The Pom Queen

I am not sure who your agent is, but I would recommend running it past another someone like Alan Collett http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/8471.html or Raul http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/33932.html has your agent not advised you what the best course of action is, they are the ones you are paying and should be working for you.

Thanks M2M - I will give them a shout........when we spoke originally with our agent in December, he did mention about the July 2012 changes but seemed convinced we would get it all in beforehand. I have been down to the office today and he is away until Friday, so I will be speaking with him and ask him to explain his sums and to advise. They have been pretty poor though so far, and the only reason I chose them as oppose to Alan's co. was that they are 8km away so thought I could cut down on processing times and go down and see them if there were any problems.......

Oh well fingers crossed - thanks again for your help

Guest Rebecca78

Hi my partner and I are both teachers. It took 8 weeks from postage to receiving the certificates for AITSL. Then it took 5 weeks from postage to receiving it again for VIT registration to come through. We applied for SS 3 Jan last year got VIT reg middle of Feb and received SS in March so it shouldn't take as long as you think fingers crossed. We applied for our visas mid march and got them by 2 May. Good luck and I hope everything comes through sooner than expected!!

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for sharing your experience!! Fingers crossed it is as quick as yours!!

I have been ringing around and although I didn't get hold of AITSL, I did manage to speak to Vic about the sponsorship timeframe and I was told it was one of the quicker ones and should take around 2 weeks?! Well I think I will work on 4-6 just in case and if AITSL take less than 10 weeks, then we are almost there!! It's stressful enough without having to take it down to the wire!? They also told me how I was able to apply for SS whilst waiting for the AITSL. VIT have told me that now that schools are going back and graduates are sorted they are going into their quieter time and should take 4-6 weeks.

Out of interest, what do you both teach and how have you found getting jobs and settling in? It's ok I can take it.......I'm loving this rollercoaster!!:confused:

Archived