Securing rental without jobs?

woodymcfc

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to secure a rental without a job ? Both my wife and I have been state sponsored because we are both in high demand professions. I have had 2 job offers since we have been here just over 2 weeks and the OH is waiting for a response from a job that she applied for last week. We have sufficient funds in our accounts to cover minimum 12 months rent and I am a landlord of 5 properties myself in the UK. We have supplied all this info in our first application yesterday and have just been told that we weren't successful, we even offered to pay 12 weeks in advance. We have 2 possibly 3 weeks remaining in our holiday let and need to find somewhere suitable before then otherwise its a tent !!!!

Don't be discouraged by one rejection. Most people ahve to apply to more than one place before being accepted.

Did you include bank statements in your application to prove you had the funds? If so, then money wasn't the reason you were rejected, maybe they just had another equally good applicant.

Good luck!

Don't be discouraged by one rejection. Most people ahve to apply to more than one place before being accepted.

Did you include bank statements in your application to prove you had the funds? If so, then money wasn't the reason you were rejected, maybe they just had another equally good applicant.

Good luck!

Thanks for that, Yes we did include statements, a uk one with £20k and a Oz one with $16k, hope its not the funds.....it does get worrying when you see how many people turn up, we were in with 7 other applications so must have been shortlisted........we have 2 more to look at on Thursday, fingers crossed !!!!

Archived