121 info needed please!

Guest Ruthieh727

Guest Ruthieh727

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine is just about to get the ball rolling on a 121 visa application. The company has been approved to sponsor employees so I think that covers the initial stage? But my question is regarding the activation of the visa. Through unfortunate circumstances he doesnt currently hold a valid visa - our migration agent said that if he gets his TRA and lodges a decision ready case that he would then need to leave the country and wait for the visa to be granted? From reading other posts on here it appears some people wait until they receive notification that there visa has been granted and then leave to activate, and I just wondered what would be the latest stage that he could remain in Australia until? Any information greatly appreciated!

Guest Guest31881

I am a little confused if he does not hold a visa, where is he, Australia or the UK?

I am not very good on Visas, but I thought if you are in Australia you could not apply for the 121, that is for off shore applications only, On shore you apply for the 856, If off shore when applying and you travel to Australia before visa granted then you have to leave Australia when the visa is due to be issued for a couple of days for the visa grant...

Hopefully someone with better knowledge than me will be along to offer advice.

Archived