ARGH I have to get an 8 on the dreaded IELTS!!!

lauracoldwell

Oh dear I have just read the new points scoring system and it seems that i have to get an 8 on the dreaded IELTS exam. :cry:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

I am SO worried. I have bought the revision material, and me being the smart arse I am I booked in for a test in 4 weeks time!!!

I have been practicing and getting 9/10 for listening and reading. I dont think that the speaking component is anything to worry about BUT the writing part is putting the fear of god into me. I am a dreadful speller and my punctuation should be illegal!!

Please someone, tell me how easy getting an 8 is and that I will be OK :wink: xxx

It's not that hard. I didn't really do any revision, but I did try and familiarise myself with the format of the test, putting the crosses in the right little boxes, that sort of thing. It also pays to concentrate and not drift off and look out the window. Nothing is repeated. The exam conditions are maximum security and it's very formal, which is a little off-putting, but you get into it.

I went out for a couple of pints at lunchtime after the first three parts, but before the oral. I think it loosened me up and got me talking.

I got 8.5.

Oh dear I have just read the new points scoring system and it seems that i have to get an 8 on the dreaded IELTS exam. :cry:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

I am SO worried. I have bought the revision material, and me being the smart arse I am I booked in for a test in 4 weeks time!!!

I have been practicing and getting 9/10 for listening and reading. I dont think that the speaking component is anything to worry about BUT the writing part is putting the fear of god into me. I am a dreadful speller and my punctuation should be illegal!!

Please someone, tell me how easy getting an 8 is and that I will be OK :wink: xxx

If you have the revision material, been going through it and did well you will be fine! You know what to expect and that counts for alot! Many that went in unprepared were rattled with the listening test. And that affected the rest of the exam!

Remain cool, calm and relaxed! AND there is always a second or third or.... chance!

So why worry BEEEEE HAPPY

It's not that hard. I didn't really do any revision, but I did try and familiarise myself with the format of the test, putting the crosses in the right little boxes, that sort of thing. It also pays to concentrate and not drift off and look out the window. Nothing is repeated. The exam conditions are maximum security and it's very formal, which is a little off-putting, but you get into it.

I went out for a couple of pints at lunchtime after the first three parts, but before the oral. I think it loosened me up and got me talking.

I got 8.5.

Ha ha ill def be trying some beverages before hand as reccomended by yourself!! I might have to practice that too! :wink:

Im glad you did so well, an 8.5 is really good. Im a nurse so I dont think that I sould have that much trouble and i literally finished university 6 months ago so hopefully i retained some information from then.

Thanks for your reply its made me feel better. xx

If you have the revision material, been going through it and did well you will be fine! You know what to expect and that counts for alot! Many that went in unprepared were rattled with the listening test. And that affected the rest of the exam!

Remain cool, calm and relaxed! AND there is always a second or third or.... chance!

So why worry BEEEEE HAPPY

Thanks for the advice. Ill try not to worry and ill definately be HAPPY especiall with thoughts of paradise. Thanks again for the reply its nice to hear of others experiences. xx

Archived