Anyone got a career in Theatre/ Television?

k8bug79

Hello. Well it looks like suddenly we may be go on getting to Oz. After almost giving up. I have done loads of research into jobs for me but Google can only go so far so I am hoping that someone on here may be able to help me. My job is a mixture of Production Management/ Theatre producing/ Venue management/ Theatre programming/ General Event Management. Originally we were looking at Adelaide and Melbourne but my husband is now thinking Sydney. I am aware that Melbourne is the arts capital and Sydney didn't really appeal to me to start with so hasn't really been in my searches. I am uber ambitious when it comes to work so need to know that there is something that interests me and offers me a challenge. I work in mid to large scale productions, currently working in a 1000 seat venue, and tend to work on larger west end style shows. i.e musicals. I am hoping that someone out there may be in the business and could point me in the direction of a few venues and / or companies that would be good to watch/approach. Still looking at Melbourne and Sydney.Thanks in advance.

Archived