Farm work needed!!

Guest jimkenward12

Guest jimkenward12

Hi

I have 2 friends staying with me along the gold coast (pommies ), they are looking to do farm work anywhere in Australia, does anybody know of any available? They are willing to travel anywhere and are hard working, one has 3 months farm work experience! Any help would be really appreciated!

thanks

Jim

Guest The Pom Queen

I have posted some vacancies on this thread if you have a peak through, if I find any others I will post them here. Is it for their 2nd working holiday visa? If they don't need the money they could look at WWOOF they would have free accommodation.

Guest jimkenward12

Hi thanks for the quick reply ill look through! They need the money at the moment. They went to a place in caboolture where some-one said they had a hostel and would find them farm work, turned out to be a scam. Aagain thanks for your help :D

Guest ARM2012

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have just seen what you siad about a farm in Coobulture turning out to be a scam. I am currently also looking for farm work for my 2nd year visa, seen an add on Gumtree for a farm looking all kinds of workers, pickers, packers, bar workers, etc in Coobulture so i emailed and got a very quick response to say they want to offer me a job and that they have lots of work available all the time, but that you have to check in to thier hostel before you can commence work. I can only assume it is the same place and that i am being scammed aswell:mad:

Guest jimkenward12
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have just seen what you siad about a farm in Coobulture turning out to be a scam. I am currently also looking for farm work for my 2nd year visa, seen an add on Gumtree for a farm looking all kinds of workers, pickers, packers, bar workers, etc in Coobulture so i emailed and got a very quick response to say they want to offer me a job and that they have lots of work available all the time, but that you have to check in to thier hostel before you can commence work. I can only assume it is the same place and that i am being scammed aswell:mad:

Hi whats the name of the person who emailed you? It was a woman who emailed my friend, but when they turned up it wasnt a hostel it was a blokes house who looked like a drunk and wanted 2 weeks rent upfront. 2 english girls were already staying there as they paid 2 weeks rent prior to getting there and they said straight away whatever you do dont stay here! They stayed in a motel round the corner that night and they said he does it all the time and they always get people come to the motel because of it, and theres no farm work in the area!

Guest ARM2012

The person who emailed me was John Brier, althought the email address given on Gumtree to reply to the add was different, can't remember exactly what it was though i still have it.

"WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER U A JOB.....

WE have plenty of FARM jobs in Caboolture from $19 to $20 per hour. There are also many non-farm jobs. JOB GUARANTEED just the start date is undetermined. We will offer you a job after you check-in. Handy transport, shops, beaches, fishing etc. We have over 20 jobs coming up over the next few weeks. 2nd yr WHV AVAIL.

also may offer FREE rent for 4 hours work per day sort of WWooffing.

JOBS- faRM hands, planters, pickers, packers, drivers, Caretakers,, clerks, bookeepers, pizza delivery, grocery shelf packers, restaurants, cleaners etc. etc.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING in SEQ, WE would like you to ring 07 5499 0791 to arrange a job You will need id, resume, backpack and 2 weeks rent, as well as be ready to start work soon.

SHARE ACCOMMODATION ph ***********,$120 to $180 per week, you will need a sleeping bag for the nights. We have FREE Global TV and internet.

trains leave brisbane every 30mins or so,

if u want work ph ********** we offer you a job you maybe suitable for. please email ur resume to apply.

Directions on how to get here

Catch a Caboolture train from Central station (leaves Brisbane Central). This train terminates at our station, which is Caboolture. From the station, catch a connecting 660 Redcliffe bus from the Caboolture station to Frank Street (where we are). If you have any concerns about how to get to us from the Caboolture station, give us a call, and we will pick you up from the Caboolture station.

Above is the exact reply i got!Whoever is doing that have some nerve, did your friend do anything about it? I'm just glad i found out as i was really planning on going there in the next few months:shocked:

Guest ARM2012

Thanks for that, at least i know now. With regards to farm work, I have been looking on mostly Gumtree and Harvest Trail for jobs. Harvest Trail currently have lots of positions for various roles on Cotton Farms all around Queensland.

Guest Guest16631

........haven't had to use that one as I rely on word of mouth..........but was recommended by another farm worker...........will ask about other free ones..........as I agree with not paying for info unless garenteed a job..........too easy to waste money....................!

Guest jimkenward12

Thanks for your help Tink. Yeah just done want to waste $55 if it doesnt lead to anything but i dont mind if its all legit and not a scam!

Guest Guest16631

.......have sent you a message as my Internet is so slow.........!.......and work4tavellers is ok..........last I heard..............but haven't had any work from them...........free sites are better...........!..........haven't heard of anything round here ATM........but rain a problem ATM..?

Guest jimkenward12

Thanks Tink, my friends have found a hostel in Cairns (tully hotel) they have alot of work around picking bananas so i think they are going to head there on friday, they need the money to save and for the 2nd visa but ill show them the free accomidation one, again thanks for your help its been very useful :biggrin: