Oligodendroglioma grade II

Guest sadia

Hi. My husband had a brain tumor and was operated in 2008. He had radiation and chemo after that. Since then, he is working and is perfectly fine. His current MRI shows no grwoth of tumor. I have recently applied for student visa is Australia. Will I get the visa or their can be a refusal for this medical reason? thanks

Hi

I am glad your husband has recovered.

I am no expert at this forum as I only applied for our visa back in October.

We had our medicals in December...and as far as I can tell they are concerned with those who may carry infectious disease into Australia and also with people who may be a drain on resourses due to chronic illness.

I have had alot of medical problems over the past few years and lots of surgery......however, sailed through the medical no problem.

I hope this puts your mind at rest and that you both get your visa.

Mumsie

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

They are more concerned with the cost to the Australian health care system in the future. Fully recovered from his tumour (Pleased to hear that) should not be a problem. I would suggest that you get a letter from your GP or consultant, stating that the last MRI scan was negative and they do not expect a any problems in the future. Take the letter with you and if the doctor asks you can give the letter. I have a heart condition that needs lifelong medication all I needed to do was give a letter from GP explaining the condition is not expected to get any worse.

Stop worrying it is not a deal beaker:biggrin:

Archived