100 Points of Identity?

Guest valcon23

Guest valcon23

I would appreciate any advice from people that have recently arrived in Perth. My own circumstance, is that I have a job offer and I am awaiting the 457 Visa. As such the only proof of identity documents when I arrive in Perth will be a Passport, the 457 Visa, a letter of reference from my employer and possibly a short term rental confirmation.

I am a bit confused about the 100 points of identity requirement for getting a TFN, Renting and Connection to Utililities.

For instance when I apply online on arrival for my Tax File Number, I presume they will accept the passport and visa number as sufficent along with my employers address? It says on the forms you need utility bills as well?

I have already opened a Bank Account with Westpac and will need to produce my 100 points of identity to access my funds. Will they require any other form of identity other than the passport and if so how do you possibly provide it with just a short term rental address and no utilities in your name?

Also when you do eventually get a Long term Rental what is required for the utility companies to connect you up to your Broadband, telephone, electricity, etc? What would your advice be for good braodband connections immediately on arrival?

Finally any suggestions for a good suburb North or South with good rail access to the CBD and good primary schools for boys?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, please don't worry about the 100 point check, rentals, TFN are not interested. In regards to your new bank all they need is your passport as long as you do this when you first arrive.

In regard to utilities you may find they will ask for a bond.

Don't worry its not as bad as you think as long as you have your Passport with Permanent Visa and you Driving Licence counts and as soon as you get your Medicard then you have the 100 points but it all works out once you start doing it x

Archived