Vic and Melbourne

fergal007

Hi all just back from 3 weeks in Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Regional VIC, Sydney and Regional NSW, had a blast weather was intermittent in VIC but still nice :) Hail stones on Christmas day!!, people were great, Melbourne ROCKS! Philip Island and GOR are lovely, good surf too :) . It is a bit more expensive than the last time i was there but if you shop smart its all relative. Dont go to 7 Elevens! major rip offs! some American corporations are taking the piss because of the high Aussie dollar etc $3 for a 600ml bottle of Coke! go to Wollies and you can get 4 1.5 litres for $9 Good slab of beer about $40 in Dan Murphys (God bless him) , smokes for 20 about $15 smoking nowadays is a bit anti-social in Oz and that's no harm either! PC brigade is starting to creep into Oz too but its nowhere like the UK (thank god) Cant wait to get back there :) Fuel $1.35- 1.40 a litre, LPG about 55 cents in most places. Most tradies i talked to earning about $1000 + a week, economy is still ok but construction forecast to slow down this year, but not like here. 40,000 new mining jobs coming online this year too :) hope i get in :)

Hmmmmm that im not so sure about really! It depends on work really and that will dictate where i live. I do love Melbourne but having spent the last 10 years living in citys im kinda over them really (Dublin,Sydney,San Francisco,London) so im thinking hopefully somewhere in Regional VIC maybe somewhere between Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road or between Philip Island.It only took me an hour to get to Melbourne from Geelong (traffic was calm) I am hoping to get into the mining industry and most of that work is FIFO so if that's the case i will buy a static mobile home on the coast or a chalet so i can chill and surf on my time off as im on my own :) But its all up in the air really, it depends on work :) so im open to all options.

Archived