Sponsored Visa

Mrs Fabricator

HI guys, small dilema/problem/concern/worry hope you may be able to help. Here's the thing, My mum, step dad and sister all live in Oz, my sis been there for over 7 years my parents are in their 3rd year. My mum has offered to sponsor me which is totally amazing and something I really want to do. I have no other family in UK, I dont see my biological father at all. I have looked and looked for visas and the only one that I have seen that would be good for me is the subclass 115, this has a waiting time of up to 10 years in some cases, this is far to long to wait......

I was looking through the application forms and they want to know everything. I have 2 children who live with their dad, I do not see them and they are both teenagers, I havent had contact with them for 6 years. Is this going to stop me moving to Oz?

The whole things is driving me crazy, I had the worst 2011 and all my family in Oz want me to move over they think it would be the best thing ever for me to do and I feel the same I just dont know where to start or how to go about anything. Getting very confused. I know that the process takes time but 10 years is mad!!

I have a degree in English Literature and was planning to do a PGCE starting in Sept with the aim of teaching in Oz, I have discovered that it is very hard to get into teaching over there and it costs alot to get registered etc so it makes me wonder if I should do it or not.

Anyone who can give me advice or reassurance please do,

Bex xx

Guest GoldCoastMag

Hi Bex, I am sure someone will be along soon who knows more than me or a call to a competent migration agent would send you in the right direction.

Are you sure you are eligible for a last remaining relative visa, if your father is in England? From Diac's website <http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/>

"Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if both of these apply:

you have a brother, sister, parent (or step-equivalent) who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia

you and your partner have no brothers, sisters, non-dependent children, parents (or step-equivalents) other than those in Australia.

Your partner and other family members may be included in your application if they meet certain requirements."

Is it possible that you could apply for a visa based on your skills?

As I said I hope someone with more knowledge will be along soon with some other ideas. Good luck

Thank you for your reply. The visa is just for me. I am estranged from my biological father and my children are non-dependant on me (I dont see them) The skills I already have are not covered in the skills list hence why I thought this visa would be the best. I have done masses of reasearch and it keeps coming back to last remaining relative visa. I think you are right contacting amigration agent would be a good way to go. I will look into that. xxx

Archived