Cheap accomodation in Melbourne for reccie??

gemstone

Hello,

Can anyone please help me...trying to book accomodation for reccie/visa validation in April and finding it tricky. Been googling etc...but hard to know when you are not there. I stayed in a backpackers on spencer street for 5 months in 2005, but not sure OH will be too keen to go back there as it is above a pub so quite noisy.

I have found other places...but would be interested to hear people's recommendations of budget but half decent accomodation. I really dont want to pay more than £800ish for 13 nights for both of us. I have found something but im just not sure about it just yet.

Oh and is there anything going on in Melbourne in first two weeks of April as a lot seems to be booked already.

Any help will be much appreciated.

G :)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, yes it's the Easter holidays so things will be busy or more expensive. If you are going to have a car you could pick up something in your budget further out

Hi thanks for the reply we werent going to get a car...going to try and do it via public transport etc...trying to do it as cheap as possible, as we would be moving there already if it wasnt for lease on the house here, so having to fly twice in 6 months. (pricey...hehe!)

Guest The Pom Queen

Getting something in the city and cheap over Easter is going to be difficult unless you go for a hostel etc, there are a few different ones around so it may be worth looking at another, you could also take a peak at the house shares.

Hi G, when I visit Melbourne I use a friend's granny annex in Mordialloc for $65 a night- the family are from UK and built their own house with annex for the Grandpa to visit, but when it's free they rent it out. It has a queen size bed , TV. table , chair, microwave, kettle, fridge, ensuite, area by sliding doors to sit outside , own key. "Buzzy Bee" posts on British Expats. if you need a contact let me know - I'm new to this site so still finding my way round it!

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi G, when I visit Melbourne I use a friend's granny annex in Mordialloc for $65 a night- the family are from UK and built their own house with annex for the Grandpa to visit, but when it's free they rent it out. It has a queen size bed , TV. table , chair, microwave, kettle, fridge, ensuite, area by sliding doors to sit outside , own key. "Buzzy Bee" posts on British Expats. if you need a contact let me know - I'm new to this site so still finding my way round it!

Hi Dendy, Simon advertises with us his property is this one http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/melbourne-furnished-rental-accommodation-mordialloc.htm. but it sounds like Mordy will be too far out

thanks for that I didn't know Simon had it advertised anywhere else, I've used it a few times now as I have friends in Bayside. Thought it worth a mention in case they hadn't found anywhere:biggrin:

Archived