Can't believe we're actually might be moving to OZ !!

Guest Kim2006

Guest Kim2006

Well just a quick note about myself. My husband's been offered a job in Sydney so we have pretty much decided to make the move as it's such a great opportunity. So hopefully we'll all be going soon - that's me, my husband, 2 kids (aged 2 & 6) and hopefully our 2 cats. I've got so many questions to ask that I don't know where to start. Hopefully some of the following can be answered.

Not worried about the actual move because the company does that but can anyone advise on the good and bad coastal areas around Sydney (probably within an hour's travel to Sydney). We'll start from there on this one because then I'll have lots more questions about the areas.

Another quick question is can anyone recommend the best way to the get the cats over and how much it'll cost.

I'll leave it there for now but would really appreciate absolutely ANY feedback and help. Bye for now.

Guest scoop

Hi Hun

Welcome to Poms :D

Someone else may be better suited to the Sydney Question but a few sites to try for your cats is http://www.jets4pets.com and Golden Arrow I think not been able to find a web address will keep looking.

Hope this helps for now.

SCoop

x

Guest glennandkate
Hi Hun

Welcome to Poms :D

Someone else may be better suited to the Sydney Question but a few sites to try for your cats is http://www.jets4pets.com and Golden Arrow I think not been able to find a web address will keep looking.

Hope this helps for now.

SCoop

x

Golden Arrow dont have a web site but can be contacted on

Golden Arrow - Chris Sorrenson 015 886 80240

I have heard really good things about them. I havent phoned for a quote yet but I have had quotes from other companies and am looking at £900 for the cat and £2700 for the dog

Guest scoop

Hi Glenn and Kate

Thanks for that :D Thought I was losing the plot. Although seeing the dog quote a bit scary as I have three :shock: Is that all in? or plus quarantine?

Cheers muchly

SCoop

x

Guest glennandkate
Hi Glenn and Kate

Thanks for that :D Thought I was losing the plot. Although seeing the dog quote a bit scary as I have three :shock: Is that all in? or plus quarantine?

Cheers muchly

SCoop

x

No, Quarantine is around an extra $800 for each animal !!!!! The quotes for dogs do vary according to size - we have a big German Shepherd so if yours are smaller it might be a bit cheaper.

Guest Kim2006

Thanks all for your help - now just got to convince my husband that it's worth paying the money to take them - anyone know if we get a discount if we take 2?

Anyway will hear this week if we're definately making the move and then they reckon they can have us over in 12 weeks! Will keep you up to date and sure I'll have loads of questions.

Bye for now. Kim x

Archived