conviction?

Guest tricky

Guest tricky

Hi all

just joined forum looks great. :D

is it worth me applying to immigrate as ive got a conviction 15 yrs ago for having a control substance i`ve been told it lasts for 10 yrs but does anybody out there no the facts

Cheers Tricky. :?:

Guest Missiemo

Hi Tricky

Welcome to the forum, see you are from our area, cambs, can not answer your question for you, sorry, I am sure somebody will be able to give you the answer.

Good luck anyway

Missiemo

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

I would speak with an agent on this one. I have 2 convictions relating back 8 years, i was in a similar position but due to my age at the time dont look that bad. As this is a Drug offence you may need some expert advice on this one.

Go onto http://www.immi.gov.au and type in offences, there is a seperate section for offences relating to Drugs. I dont want to put you off but have a look and see what it says.

All the best. Try moving to Holland (only joking)

Guest scoop

Hi Tricky

Welcome to poms mate

Check out immi like Neil advises hun.

Good luck with it all.

SCoop

x

Guest glennandkate

Hi Tricky,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I read on another site today that someone had their conviction from 14 yrs ago show up on the Police checks and I have also heard of a 60 year old getting turned down for an extended visitor visa because he didn't declare a conviction from 40 years previous and DIMA found out and said he lied on the application - I think as long as you weren't inside for more than 12 months and as long as you declare it on all your forms it is usually OK. It might be worth your while going through an agent with your application though.

Katie

Guest Storky

Hey Tricky,

I know how you feel.I'm trying to get out there .Ive got a job on the Employers Nomination Scheme.However I was a naughty boy in my youth .I did 6 months for affray .Before that I had a 2 year conditional discharge for allowing myself to be carried in a stolen vehicle.and a Drunk n Disorderly.Oh yeah one Careless driving charge.Thats the lot.The affray is my main worry but it happened 20 odd years ago .

I'm asking the old vets of the site Am I wasting my time and money trying to immigrate ?

P.S I havnt got an agent because the ENS seems to tick most boxes.

Guest The Kelly's

I know the feeling. I had trouble in my youth but not drugs offences. Afight with a mate who deserved it. Me being young and naive accepted responsibility. Talked through it with my agent and it shouldn't be a problem. They are looking for a pattern of behaviour. 12 mths inside is a big problem, I'm afraid drugs are another I think that may only relate to class A. Phone an agent and discuss, I went with the Visa Bureau, I'm not recommending them but they have been real good with me.

Archived