Hello!

Zo2Oz

Hi everyone!

I have been reading the posts on this forum for a few months now but this is my first post. The forum has been really helpful to use and has answered most of my questions without even having to post so thank you everyone :smile:

Here is a little bit about me... I am heading to Oz in a month tomorrow and I am really excited. My partner is an Australian citizen but has lived in the UK for long time. I am going out with him initally on a WHV to see what we think and then thinking of getting a De Facto visa if all goes well. We are both 25. I have been to Oz before for a few months travelling but I am looking forward to working and seeing what it is like to actually live there.

Anyway hello and thanks again!

Hello and welcome :)

Sounds like you are well on your way. I think a WHV is a great idea to test the waters and see how you feel about it over there. Enjoy and be sure to let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers

snifter

Thanks Snifter!

Can anyone help with a couple of questions? We are looking into renting in Sydney, is a 6 month contract quite common or do most places only rent for a year? We are just thinking that it might be worth living somewhere quite central until we get a better idea of the areas, Randwick looks quite nice - does anyone live there or can recommend any other suburbs?

thanks!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO, unfortunately I am not sure on the rental options in Sydney, hopefully Maryrose may be able to help as he lives that way. In Melbourne it is the norm to rent for 12 month contracts.

Take a look at our backpackers/WHV section of the forum

Archived