Moving to OZ, Any help??

KJK88

My husband and I are looking to move out to Oz, due to the fact he has just been made redundant from the UK Navy. His parents already live in Sydney for almost 3 years, they transferred from the Uk navy. We really dont know where to start ie with visas as there are a few. We are both in our early 20's with a 3 year old son. We will be paying for ourselves to move over. Has anyone got any info on prices/visas/time frames or even where to start with applications? Would be very much appreciated :) We are on a tight schedule due to the redundancy!! Thanks.

Guest The Pom Queen

Is there any way they could organise a transfer for him to OZ?

Otherwise have you thought which visa you would apply for?

Kate

Guest guest48800
My husband and I are looking to move out to Oz, due to the fact he has just been made redundant from the UK Navy. His parents already live in Sydney for almost 3 years, they transferred from the Uk navy. We really dont know where to start ie with visas as there are a few. We are both in our early 20's with a 3 year old son. We will be paying for ourselves to move over. Has anyone got any info on prices/visas/time frames or even where to start with applications? Would be very much appreciated :) We are on a tight schedule due to the redundancy!! Thanks.

Hi there, Is there no way your hubby can transfer over to RAN? Have you checked out the RAN website to see what lateral transfer branches they are recruiting at the moment? We looked at OH doing this but they weren't recruiting his branch at the time so we went for a State Sponsored 176 visa based on him being an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, he left the RN earlier this year, time done. You've possibly got a couple of options If you're looking at doing it based on his work experience, it would all depend on his branch, length of work experience, qualifications etc. do you mind me asking what he did/does in the RN?

I'd have thought you're best bet was for his parents to sponsor you maybe, not sure how this works though, have they been over there long enough to do this?

Archived