Hello Everybody from Scunthorpe!!!!

Guest scott&lisa

Guest scott&lisa

G'Day Everybody,

Isn't this site great - mate.

We're Scott & Lisa from Scunthorpe (well somebody's got to live there), and we are on our way to Melbourne. We started our application for a perm' res' visa via skilled independent route in Sept'04. Visa granted Christmas '05 - Ho Ho Hoh!!

Very excited and terrified as we've never been to Australia and as soon as contracts are signed on the sale of the house, we're off. We hope to be there by July'06. Coming with us are our two baby girls (2yrs & 7mth). This is a complete leap of faith for a better life for us, especially for the two girls and hope to leave behind what more & more people are seeing as downhill Britain.

Anyone else in a similar stage of migration, we'd love to hear from you and anyone else who's done or thinking of doing the same!

Good luck everybody with their new or soon to be new lives in Aus.

Guest Suzanned

Hi. I usually post on Britvics http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?showtopic=1441

We have a topic oln there at the moment 'Anyone for coffee?' where people from East Yorkshire/Hull etc are invited to meet for coffee etc. We are actually meeting at Home Farm, Hessle nest Tuesday at 5.45pm. All of us are off to Melbourne.

If you're interested either reply to the above thread or pm me on the Britvics site. My user name on there is just 'Suzanne'.

Good luck.

Ps Hubby and I are 34 and we have a 16 week old boy. We aim to be in Melbourne at the end of June.

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply and for the coffee meeting invite, we will try to come along but if we can't make it, it would be great to stay in touch!

We will certainly have a look on the Britvic site aswell. It's nice to know of others heading in the same direction as us.

Cheers again.

Scott and Lisa.

Guest stephanielouise981

Hi,

I'm meeting with Suzanne and some others on tuesday too. It would be lovely if you could come along too.

Steph x

Guest Missiemo

Hi Scott and Lisa

We are Mo and Nick and we are heading to Melbourne on the 19th June 06, we have three daughters eleven, eight and two who are sooooooooo excited.

Good Luck to you all

Stay in touch

Mo and Nick

Guest Suzanned

You get everywhere! :wink:

Hi,

I'm meeting with Suzanne and some others on tuesday too. It would be lovely if you could come along too.

Steph x

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Mo and Nick,

Good luck for the 19th June! THE BIG MOVE!!! We hope everything goes well for you.

We can't wait to get OZ - our house sale completion seems to be taking forever to get here! Still hoping to be in OZ by the latest the end of July.

Our daughters are too young to understand what is going on - a good thing perhaps! - they are only 2 1/2 and 7 months.

Would certainly like to stay in touch. Let us know how things go for you.

Cheers,

Scott & Lisa

Archived