Hello!!!!

Guest fultonclan

Guest fultonclan

:biggrin:Hi everyone! I've just joined the site. Just started the emigration process! Have assigned a migration agent so now its all moving forward! We've lots of research to do now having never been to Oz before! I know we must be crazy but what the heck?!

We are thinking of Western or South Australia. Unfortunately we don't particularly know much about either one lol!

Anyway just wanted to say HI!!!!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, what type if visa are you applying for. It's usually a long process but is worth it in the end.

Guest fultonclan

We're applying under my husbands trade, a 176 skilled visa. If all goes smoothly hopefully we'll be over in June/July 2013. Sounds such a long way off though doesn't it when you say it like that! But we know it will take that long anyway if not longer.

Guest lexiecat

Hi fultonclan, maybe we can trade info! we are at the very early stages of planning, in your opinion is it much easier/quicker to utilise a migration agent? we were really shocked at the cost of the visa applications so don't really want to use an agent unless it's substantially faster! I spent a year in australia as a backpacker which is where i met my now husband (he is also from uk), 6 years later we went travelling again for our honeymoon and of course.. we just had to go back to australia! it is a fabulous fabulous country, you won't regret it. SA v's WA? personally i absolutely adored WA. Spend a couple of weeks in perth, swimming in the indian ocean every day.. paradise and also travelled as far north as the ningaloo reef. It's a lot less hectic feeling that sydney/Melbourne. But it is very isolated. SA, spent 6 weeks working as a nanny in the outback. Fantastic experience and wonderful people. Adelaide is not the most exciting of cities, but I certainly had fun there! if it was me, i'd say WA, but i reckon you'd be happy in either.

Guest fultonclan

Hi lexicat! We simply went for an agent because of the amount of paperwork involved and because we didn't want to make any mistakes and delay the process any longer. Less stress too! It's really down to personal choice, I don't know whether it speeds up the process just takes the hassle out of everything i think! Thanks for the advice on WA, that's where we have decided to head for xxx

Archived