Moving to Cairns

barry family

Going to Trinity Beach, Cairns on 21/8/11 for 3 weeks, never been before but decided this would be best for us to relocate here. any sugestions as to where we should go, to get overall view of area? Just applied for emigration visa. Does anyone know can we live in Cairns whilst waiting for visa to get processed? and if so can children go to school whilst waiting also? Its my first post so be kind!!:biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz Barry family.

Our Admin.. Moving2Melbourne (Kate) and Rob live in Cairns and I am sure they will be delighted to assist you with your questions.

If you have applied off shore for your visa, the general rule of thumb is you must be off shore to receive it!

If you are here as a tourist I have a feeling that international school fees apply.

I am sure many members will put you on the right path though.

We also have our sister site http://www.lifeinqueensland.com/ so do feel free to join up.

Good luck with your plans.

Susie x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have chosen a beautiful area. Can I ask what visa you are applying for. Is the 3 weeks just a reccie?

I would look at any of the Northern Beach suburbs, just avoid any beginning with M, also Redlynch and The Valley are lovely family areas.

Applying for 176 Visa, Yes 3 weeks just to look at different areas, so when we move over will know which area to rent until we buy. Been told off friends that Clifton Beach, Trinity Beach, Palm cove and Kerrawa is best areas. Also would like to know can I open an australian bank account, even though my visa not through yet? Thanks for taking time to reply.

• 3 months later...
Guest haunted1234

Hi, we're moving to Cairns in January with our two boys 11 and 10! we've emailed a few different schools and had good feedback, so will wait and see which 'burb' we live in! will keep you posted when we get there!

Archived