Sign in to follow this  
mark78

Moving to Oz TV show

I saw a show on Tele on Sunday night called moving down under (or something along those lines). Anyway, each week it follows a different British family settling into their new life in oz. Last week followed a father and 2 teens who moved to Perth, and made for some interesting viewing seeing the ups and downs one goes through when moving so far away.

For anyone interested, it's on at 8:30pm, every Sunday on the Telewest UKTV People channel. :wink:

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest ironmaggi

I can't seem to find it. I've got Sky but I have got the UKTV People channel on 566 and there's nothing like it on. Can't find it on the website either. Was it a one off or do you know the exact name of the programme?

Guest heather

If its the show I think it is it has been repeated loads over the last few weeks. On Sky its been on Discovery (channel 133 I think),about 7pmish but then it was on another Discovery channel later (the ones after the news channels) and I think its called A New Life Down Under. There are quite a few whingy poms who you could slap (one lady in Perth complaining she cannot get M&S knickers!!)

Enjoy

Heather

Guest Steve G
    one lady in Perth complaining she cannot get M&S knickers!!)

What!!!! No M&S knickers?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cancel my application! :? :? :? :?

Guest choobs
    If its the show I think it is it has been repeated loads over the last few weeks. On Sky its been on Discovery (channel 133 I think),about 7pmish but then it was on another Discovery channel later (the ones after the news channels) and I think its called A New Life Down Under. There are quite a few whingy poms who you could slap (one lady in Perth complaining she cannot get M&S knickers!!)

Enjoy

Heather

Have to agree with you, Heather - the people on those shows drive me nuts. They spend so much time moaning about not fitting in when they're making no attempt whatsoever to integrate themselves into society, but instead seeking out almost exclusively British / expat friends. Dunno about anyone else but, when I eventually get over there, I plan to be Australian - not an ex-pat Brit ;-)

Choobs

I can't seem to find it. I've got Sky but I have got the UKTV People channel on 566 and there's nothing like it on. Can't find it on the website either. Was it a one off or do you know the exact name of the programme?

there was one on last night i think the one with the whingeing women about m&s knickers and that her husband has gone 10 years back on his job as no one will take him as a site manager only a brickie . She was very up herself....

It was called a place down under can not remeber which channel i think it was one of the discovery channels.

Guest heather

I agree Choobs. I want to get away from these people, they don't realise how lucky they are complaining how hot it is, the food is not the same - thank god for that, cannot wait to get away from rip off Britain. I don't know what I will do if we don't get in :oops:

Heather

Guest choobs
    I agree Choobs. I want to get away from these people, they don't realise how lucky they are complaining how hot it is, the food is not the same - thank god for that, cannot wait to get away from rip off Britain. I don't know what I will do if we don't get in :oops:

Heather

You'll be fine :)

Choobs

Yeah, sorry it was on Discovery not People. (telewest). I have so many channels I get confused :wink:

Guest SarahandStu

This was shown on normal tv a few months back, I remember the site mgr one, it makes you cringe being british sometimes, hey? There's one with some teenage girls which really makes you cringe, some people are so ungrateful!

Guest ironmaggi

I can't work out whether it's still on or when. Could someone let me know next time they see it? Thanks!

I can't work out whether it's still on or when. Could someone let me know next time they see it? Thanks!

The show has changed from Sunday night to either Tues or Wednesday. I haven't been home the last couple weeks at night to see it, but I remember a new ad with either of those nights. Was for around 8:30pm - Hope that makes sense. 8)