Getting mortgage once in uk

sarahjl

Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can get a mortgage in just one name even though I'm married? Hubby did some online calculators and we can get a better mortgage if it's in just his name rather than joint names. I'm not working at the moment due to having a couple of little ones. Sorry if it's such a daft question but we are keen to get back but want to make sure just what we can do! There's so much to sort out it's a bit overwhelming, my oldest will need a school place, sorting a rental to live in before we get back and hopefully my hubby will be able to get his old job back. Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!!

We've got some time till we get back, hubby really wanted to be back for Christmas but his parents have told us they think that we should stay out a bit longer but that might have something to do with them having booked to come out here in January.......cynical I know but you would think that they would be more concerned about how low their son is rather than their bloody holiday!!!!!! In-laws!!!!! :arghh:

That's my little rant off my chest, sorry about that!

Thanks

Sarah

Guest Guest 47403
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can get a mortgage in just one name even though I'm married? Hubby did some online calculators and we can get a better mortgage if it's in just his name rather than joint names. I'm not working at the moment due to having a couple of little ones. Sorry if it's such a daft question but we are keen to get back but want to make sure just what we can do! There's so much to sort out it's a bit overwhelming, my oldest will need a school place, sorting a rental to live in before we get back and hopefully my hubby will be able to get his old job back. Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!!

We've got some time till we get back, hubby really wanted to be back for Christmas but his parents have told us they think that we should stay out a bit longer but that might have something to do with them having booked to come out here in January.......cynical I know but you would think that they would be more concerned about how low their son is rather than their bloody holiday!!!!!! In-laws!!!!! :arghh:

That's my little rant off my chest, sorry about that!

Thanks

Sarah

Yes even though your married you'll have no problem getting a mortgage in just one name provided they have a good credit rating.

Archived