Moving from leicester

Guest ant1980

Guest ant1980

Hi, decided to take the plunge and move to australia. Been looking on the internet and cant decide how to go about it. Any advice would be great, im 25 will be coming on my own and would like to be there by summer 2007. Hopefully hear from you all soon, thanks.

Guest loz

Hi ant

welcome to the forum

It all depends on your circumstances as to how we can help you. Where you are planning to move to in oz, wether you have a skilled job, want to move permanently etc.

post us some more info and Im sure the replies will start flooding in.

Loz

Guest ant1980

Hi Loz,

Im planning to move to new south wales, sydney permanently. Im a chef and have been told that this job is in demand. I just dont know where to start or how long the whole process will take or cost. I need your help.

Guest loz

OK

Go on the DIMIA website - check out the skills in demand. look up your occupation and gather your points. Youll need to do a skills test. Think you need 120 points for Skilled Migration.

All the types of visas that are available are on the website - Some of them are less points etc. its just a matter of going through them and finding the one that suits your circumstances.

Let me know how you go with it.

Loz

Guest ant1980

also should i go through an agency or try and do it myself. So many questions, and if so can you recommend any for me.

ant.

Guest loz

We came here on a 457 ( hubby was sponsored by a company) so didnt have any dealings with agencies. sorry cant help you on this one.

As far as I believe - it is possible to do it yourself and save a few quid if your circumstances are straightforward. maybe someone else on the site can give you advice on that one.

You may also have to have your qualifications assessed. Again you will find details of this on the web.

loz

Guest Missiemo

Hi Ant

Welcome, we did all the paperwork ourselves and found the whole process very simple, I know not every one will agree but it is possible, and you will save at least £2000.00

Good Luck

Missiemo

Guest scoop

Hi Ant

You could do it on your own if it's straight forward, I only used an agent so I didn't get it wrong and have to apply again and because I have a rug-rat!!

There are agencies on the web that will let you do a free points total and I think you can do it on the immi site too.

Good luck with it all hun

Hope it works out for you.

SCoop

PS I think Garyh is a chef who has just got his visa give his postings a look?

x

Guest ant1980

Any idea how much it will all cost and how long it will take. Have you got any agencies i could try out, i think id rather go with an agency to make sure it all goes right.

Thanks ant.

Guest scoop

Hi Ant

I'm using ASA Consultants. Been great so far and I have had a few tricky issues.

http://www.australia-migration.com

I know there are plenty out there, check out the previous posting on here some come very highly recommended.

Good luck with your plans mate.

SCoop

x

Archived