457 Visa Validation & Terms for those on visa not staying intially

Guest Colbourne

Guest Colbourne

Hi All

Hope someone can help or had experience of this and can give me benefit of their experience.

My husband has a job offer in Perth so our visa application was lodged on 1st July (yay!!) We have included our 2 children on the visa aged 17 & 19yrs. My 19 year old is at uni and adamant that he will not be coming to live in Australia with us and the migration agent has told us we have 6 months from grant for him to validate. The 17 year old can't make up her mind but I guess the question would apply to her should she not come with us.

Once he has validated the visa does he have until my husband's visa ends if he changes his mind and wants to come over? If we apply for residency how does this effect the kids on the visa if they are not living with us at the time? My guess is they would then not be able to come out as the original 457 visa would have been changed to a residency visa? If they are not dependent would they be able to come out on a family sponsored visa?

Any advice would be great

thanks

Candice

Guest Colbourne

Thanks muchly. May have to bite the bullet and ask visa agency but always aware the "official" line not always the same as the actual experience

Candice

Archived