Ohh well....here goes !!

Guest stuckinblighty

Guest stuckinblighty

Hello everyone,Let me introduce myself. I suppose my story is pretty similar to many people on the site as regards moving to Aus.Me and the 'better half' have decided on giving the aussie lifestyle a bash but thats about it really.

If anyone can give us some top tips on how to get the ball rolling i.e visa applications job hunting etc this would be greatly appreciated :roll: :shock: :D

Guest bethandneil

hi there,

been to oz in january, fab place, cant wait to get back.

We are two months into the visa aplication, and everything has gone very smoothly so far, we are using an agent (Overseas Emigration) they came highly recommended, we wouldnt have got in if we had done it ourselves because we would have applied under the wrong job description, however this is for my husbands job (mechaincal Fitter) which has many categories, you might be ok, depending what it is that you do, it is a lot cheaper to DIY, try http://www.dimia.co.au (i think this right).

Anyway hope you get to wherever it is you want to go, we are hoping for either Queensland or Perth. A good website for Brisbane area is http://www.ourbrisbane.com.

Good luck

Beth.

Guest stuckinblighty

Thanks for the reply Bethandneil.We have only just started to investigate the options for work and where to go.Maybe the work will dictate where we will opt for...i just dont know at the moment :?

A friend of mine has been in Adelaide for the last 6 months and loves it 8) .Its something me and the missus has talked about for ages and i think this has gave us the nudge to go for it.Still ... early days and i'm pretty clueless at the mo :wink: :oops: :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

Good choices Beth, if I ever moved from here, they are the places I would be looking at , I love Perth & Fremantle but they are a long way from other cities but so clean and full of Poms, I fell in love with the place when my son lived there twice, but then he moved to Brisbane, just when I was getting to know Brissy he moved back here, his wife is like a gypsy so who knows what next, she's wanting to go back to Brissy again and has just returned from 2 weeks there visiting friends.

From where I live, I can be in Sydney in an hour & a half, Brisbane in 12 hours & Melbourne in 12 hours, not forgetting Canberra, 2 hours away, that's driving of course, so it's no big deal for us to go for a look at these places, that is very hard from Perth as you have to fly, mind you, how often would you want to go to Sydney etc ?

The problems arise when your kids get married and settle down, at the moment 2 of our kids live within 10 mins of us & the other is 4 hours away, if Perth was only a 12 hour drive away, I think I would move tomorrow, I think you have a hard decision to make.

Trevor.

Archived