175 Now or 885 in Six Months?

Guest myhillg

Guest myhillg

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about what visa I would be better off applying with (in terms of processing time). I'm in Australia at the moment finishing off some studying, which will give me the Australian study requirement in December.

I am currently eligable for a 175 (PR, Offshore), should I apply for this now and then apply for the 485 (Temp Graduate, Onshore) to stay in Aus while the 175 is processed....

OR

Wait for December, when I will graduate and apply directly for the 885 (PR, Onshore) and wait for the processing on a bridging visa?

Both the PR visas seem to have a long processing time but the 885 looks shorter (from what I've seen of peoples timelines on this site) but I'm worried that they will change the requirements again if I wait.

(http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113226-no-update-aspc-processing-immi-gov-au-14.html)

Apply now (as soon as I get my IELTS back) or wait??

I am/will be looking for work, also not sure if the 485 or the bridging visa is more attractive to employers

I would love to get anyones thoughts....

Greg

Guest dtrang

It's just $$$ issue mate. I'm on bridging A waiting for 485 for almost a year. If I get my 485 I will definitely apply for 885 straight away. But only God knows when they will grant my 485.

So, learned from lot of experience, I won't wait this time and will apply for 175 in just a few days. If I get my 485 before July 2012 I will apply again for 885.

Guest myhillg

Thanks for the replies guys....

Not sure if I can afford to make two applications (Am I right in thinking that I would not get the money back if I withdraw one?)

I'm seriously thinking about waiting and going for the 885 route...but terrified that they might make changes to the points system before then

Archived