Offshore work in OZ

Hi People,

Just wondering if some of you could help me.

Me and my partner are moving to australia later this year, we have our visa's sorted as my gf has been offerd a relocation package which means i can also work on the back of her visa.

I have recently filled out my ARTC form and sent it off so hopefully this will come back ok. I currently work offshore in the UK and have all the relevant certs as im an Electrical Technician, i was hoping that one of you guys knows if i need to do any other courses to get me offshore?? apart from doin my wiring regulations once i arrive in Perth.

I have been in contact with an agency who deals with offshore and he assures me that i will get work offshore within 4-12 weeks, but for peace of mind i would like to know if there any of you that currently work offshore in australia and if there is anything else i need to do??

Hope you can help or assist me on this :D

Cheers

Stew

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms in Oz Stew,

I cant answer your questions but there is an electricians thread if you use your search button.

Hopefully someone can answer your questions there.

Best wishes and good luck with your new journey to Australia.

Susie

Guest charter
Hi People,

Just wondering if some of you could help me.

Me and my partner are moving to australia later this year, we have our visa's sorted as my gf has been offerd a relocation package which means i can also work on the back of her visa.

I have recently filled out my ARTC form and sent it off so hopefully this will come back ok. I currently work offshore in the UK and have all the relevant certs as im an Electrical Technician, i was hoping that one of you guys knows if i need to do any other courses to get me offshore?? apart from doin my wiring regulations once i arrive in Perth.

I have been in contact with an agency who deals with offshore and he assures me that i will get work offshore within 4-12 weeks, but for peace of mind i would like to know if there any of you that currently work offshore in australia and if there is anything else i need to do??

Hope you can help or assist me on this :D

Cheers

Stew

You might find you can earn more in the Aussie mines around Perth than going offshore

Archived