Modbury

Guest waitingtogotooz

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hi all,

Research research research!!!

I am really liking Modbury and Golden Grove. Anyone who already lives there can give me any advice etc....

thanks.

Guest kangomik

We first stayed in Modbury in OAA. It is a great area with everything you will need, plenty of shops, several schools in the area too. It's easy access to the city down North East Road, or via the Auto Ban on the bus. You can get to the beach in about 25 mins down Grand Junction Road (Semaphore beach) There are a lot of small reserves (parks) around Modbury

Golden Grove is a newer build area, though i think it's 25 years old now! It has great secondary schools and still good choice of Primary schools. Modbury is about 5 mins away.

We live just north of GG in the next suburb, it's a good area with everything not to far away.

Both have the advantage of getting into the hills quickly, gaining access to the Barrossa and over to the riverlands if your feeling adventurous.

Let me know if you need more info.:biggrin:

Guest waitingtogotooz
We first stayed in Modbury in OAA. It is a great area with everything you will need, plenty of shops, several schools in the area too. It's easy access to the city down North East Road, or via the Auto Ban on the bus. You can get to the beach in about 25 mins down Grand Junction Road (Semaphore beach) There are a lot of small reserves (parks) around Modbury

Golden Grove is a newer build area, though i think it's 25 years old now! It has great secondary schools and still good choice of Primary schools. Modbury is about 5 mins away.

We live just north of GG in the next suburb, it's a good area with everything not to far away.

Both have the advantage of getting into the hills quickly, gaining access to the Barrossa and over to the riverlands if your feeling adventurous.

Let me know if you need more info.:biggrin:

Modbury seems cheaper to rent than Golden Grove, is there a reason for this? we are moving with three children would Modbury or GG be an ideal place for them?

Thank you xx

Guest kangomik

Modbury is older, the houses are an older style, big plots with smaller houses on them.

Golden grove is more modern and built around a hill.

Both are great for kids, with plenty of sports clubs and good schools.

Same area suburbs include Modbury North, Wynvale, redwood park, and the top half of Gulfview heights.

When you arrive have a drive through, and you will get a feel for the place.

My kids came when they were 10 and have settled in really well.

Modbury is a little more "suburban" feeling, whereas Golden Grove feels a bit greener (mainly because it's a relatively new suburb incorporating lots of trees). Modbury itself is pretty much taken up with a large shopping centre (Tea Tree Plaza) and a slightly smaller centre (Modbury Triangle), as well as a hospital and a library/council offices. It is an interchange for the O-Bahn - busses that run on tracks for part of the way into the city.

Surrounding it are suburbs such as Ridgehaven which has some nice places (and a big Freemasons place, an outdoor swimming pool complex and a big dog park where the local council hold dog training sessions), Hope Valley and St Agnes, which are slightly more residential than Modbury itself. Modbury North has some nice places as well. One of my favourite nearby suburbs is Tea Tree Gully as well - has a fantastic English pub there and one of the best Indians around!!

If you are interested in activities going on in the area, a good site to browse through is Northeast.net.au you'll see on there listings of schools in the area, sports clubs etc. If you haven't already found it, the sister site to this one http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum is a good source of info and varying viewpoints on South Australi.

Hope that helps

Diane

Archived