Accommodation on arrival

Guest RobzNdebz

Guest RobzNdebz

Hi all

I have been researching places to stay when we arrive in Canberra in May. I have quotes for loads of caravan parks and apartments all ranging from different prices. Obviously until we land jobs we cant rent a proper place to live.

Can you let me know where you stayed and how much you paid. Can you also let me know how long you were there before you got jobs/moved into proper rented property? or is there any places i should avoid? Im basing it on 4 weeks until we get job/place to stay even tho i am sure it wont take me that long to get a job!

Any help will be gratefully received!

Hi all

I have been researching places to stay when we arrive in Canberra in May. I have quotes for loads of caravan parks and apartments all ranging from different prices. Obviously until we land jobs we cant rent a proper place to live.

Can you let me know where you stayed and how much you paid. Can you also let me know how long you were there before you got jobs/moved into proper rented property? or is there any places i should avoid? Im basing it on 4 weeks until we get job/place to stay even tho i am sure it wont take me that long to get a job!

Any help will be gratefully received!

Hi RobNdebz

Like yourselves we are arriving in Canberra pretty much the same time (5th June). We also got loads of quotes ranging from 2200 - 5000 for a month of short term rentals. We decided that will would go with the cheaper option although staying in a caravan park in winter wasnt one of them. We have decided to stay in Tuggeranong down in Conder - its a bit far out but it is a 2 bed flat called Langley Heights and all of the reviews were good. We are paying 2300 for one month. We searched takeabreak.com.au, rentahome.com.au as well as allhomes.com.au and also stayz.com.au. As far as I can gather the accomodation we are staying in is a flat annex of a main house and I looked on the Street View on google maps so it looks fine. I cant answer your other question about how long it took to get a job etc as we dont have jobs yet :biggrin:. There are some suggestions that Tuggeranong may not be ideal to live in if you have kids (based on the schools) but at this stage we are going to wait until we get there and not rule any area out. What suits one may not suit another. I have heard to stay away from Charnwood especially.

Good luck with the search

Suzanne

• 2 months later...

Archived