888 Form problems

Guest Queryguy

Guest Queryguy

Hi All,

I'm still in the midst of pulling together all my evidence in order to apply for a partner visa. I have hit a problem with my witness declarations (Form 888) and was hoping that someone could give me some advice.

My partners mum (an Aussie) has completed one declaration for me and this is all fine, but my partners Auntie (also Aussie) who did the other declaration supplied a photocopy of her drivers licence that was far too dark to make her picture out, and the copy wasn’t signed off as verified either.

I asked an Australian co-worker to supply me with another statement in its place, and all seemed to be ok … but where it states 'how long have you know the applicants sponsor' sh has just put a dash, as she doesn’t really know my wife very well …

Am I going to have to get someone else to supply me with an 888 form from Australia and wait whilst that comes through, or should I get someone who isn't Australian to provide us with a witness declaration? … I don't know how much emphasis the visa people put on these declarations.

Archived