Hi all from Australia

Guest pommy in Queensland

Guest pommy in Queensland

Hi everyone. I an originally from Taunton Somerset but have lived in Queensland Australia for 21 years. I am 28 and am married with three daughter. 8, 6, and 4. Look forward to answering some questions. :D

Guest Arnold

Hi there, from Weston Super Mare, not far from Taunton. We are in the process of applying and would like to come to Queensland if poss. Wot are the best areas? Is there plenty of work out there? Very scary prospect but exciting. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brendan

Hi there

My wife and I are looking to bring our family out to Oz within the next year or so and we are considering the Brisbane area as well as Sydney (where we have family).

The Brisbane lifestyle looks most attractive to us as we are looking to change our way of living and are concerned that city lifestyle in Sydney will be a bit like the UK (albeit a bit warmer than Newcastle).

We are also attracted by the fact that we will be able to buy a much better house in Queensland than in Sydney.

Do you know if it is much cheaper to live in Queensland than the Sydney and what are the rates of pay compared to Sydney?

Regards

Brendan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tracy

:D Hi pommy in Queens!

We are thinking about taking the biggest jump and coming poms are selfs :shock:

We have had a look and where do we start! Whats the best place to live? Jobs! my husband is a printer. do you know if there are many job going in Queens?

School, Houses, medical cover.............the list of questions are endless :shock: but I will not ask them all but any feed back, good or bad! I will be gratefull to receive :wink:

Tracy.

Guest ABCDiamond
We are also attracted by the fact that we will be able to buy a much better house in Queensland than in Sydney.

Do you know if it is much cheaper to live in Queensland than the Sydney and what are the rates of pay compared to Sydney?

Regards

Brendan

Hi

You are right about the cost of houses comparison :)

I lived in West Sydney for about 13 years, but moved to QLD 3 years ago.

In my view the basic costs, excluding Housing, are very similar, although car insurance is cheaper :)

Food shopping etc will all be about the same. Having looked at our spending patterns between both States, there is minimal difference, other than swapping a 4 bed house in the other west Sydney suburbs, for a 5 bed house right on the bay :D (basically the same price)

I am not sure how these cost of living comparison calculators actually work, but they obviously take account of housing costs.

eg: They say $1,000 pw in Sydney = $752 pw in Brisbane. I can only assume that the $248 pw difference is the housing cost, whether rental or mortgage.

Archived