Hi All

Guest mickroo

Guest mickroo

Hi all let me introduce myself, my name is michael i'm 37 an Electrician from Nottingham I am married with two daughters 16 & 12. I have just submitted my work related information to the TRA via a visa agent for my skills to be assessed. I am looking to move to Brisbane in the next 2 years. Any hints, tips or info any one may have on any kind of related subjects would be greatfully received. Like wise if I can help you with anything just ask.

Guest Daceys

Hi I'm Alan, 38, a refrigeration engineer from Wigan and hoping to move to Brisbane next year. I have 2 step daughters, 13 and 11 and two other daughters 6 and 10months. We have just sent off our details off to the TRA too. Got no hints or tips, but just thought I'd introduce myself.

Guest mickroo

Hi Alan

Have you got a job lined up yet in Brisbane? If not im sure with your profession you will not have any problems!

Why are you chosing Brisbane? for me its because I have a nephew who has been living out there for 4 years, he's also an Electrician so it seems a logical starting point. We plan to visit him over Xmas 2006 & move over for good when my eldest daugther has finished her A levels, late 2007. All seems a very long way off at the moment but its all about timing for us.

Hope that the TRA are quick turning our stuff around which seems to be the case at the present time I think it all depends on if your particuliar trade is in demand at the time you submit your info.

Anyway let us know how it all goes.

All the Best

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daceys

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't a job lined up at present but have been in contact with several firms out there and all have said once we're over there, there will be a vacancies. So fingers crossed :D

We have never been to Oz but talking with friends and their experiences, doing loads of research etc, we decided Brisbane was calling us!!!

Hope your visit goes well, hopefully we will be there then so give us a shout.

Regards

Alan.

Guest choobs
Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't a job lined up at present but have been in contact with several firms out there and all have said once we're over there, there will be a vacancies. So fingers crossed :D

We have never been to Oz but talking with friends and their experiences, doing loads of research etc, we decided Brisbane was calling us!!!

Hope your visit goes well, hopefully we will be there then so give us a shout.

Regards

Alan.

Hallo - welcome to the board :) I'm a Network Engineer / Network Security bod and am being assessed by the ACS at the moment. We're hoping to move on Tuesday, but it's more likely to be in 6-12 months time :)

My wife and I (and three kids) have also never been to Australia, although we do have relatives over there. Most people we've told (haven't told work yet, for obvious reasons ;-)) think we're nuts for moving somewhere we've never visited but - well, how bad can it be? If we're miserable, we'll at least be *warm* and miserable :)

Our family over there swear by the place and it seems to have a very outdoor and social led lifestyle - all sounds good to me.

Cheers

Choobs

Archived