457 visa - are Uni certs required?

Guest lesleyc73

Guest lesleyc73

My boyfriend is potentially being sponsored by an Australian employer to enter the country on the subclass 457 employer-sponsored visa. This is NOT an intra-company transfer.

Is it absolutely required for him to produce certified copies of his University certificate? Or would his CV and employment offer letter suffice? Any other supporting documents which are a must and cannot be optional? The employer is already a recognised company under DIMIA and has processed several such visas ongoing and previously.

Thanks for any advice.

Guest Cecilia Pryce

fwiw I sent a copy of my degree cert - obviously certified copy via web application. Only thing I would say is do the application on line and get your meds etc done by someone who can enter them on line aswell. When we finished our application it gave us a list of doctors / hospitals etc to chose from - the list was small and we had to go to Brentwood and upminster from suffolk but from what I have read it probably saved time and delays. good luck I hope the above helps. FWIW I also sent copies of all my o and a level certs, the only thing I didn't send was sunday school reports but then maybe I should have???? Just be aware it only allows you to attach 12 documents.

Guest lesleyc73

Thanks Cecilia.

Trouble is he has lost his Uni certificate - the Uni has changed names and it's been too long there is no way to get a copy of the cert re-issued. So I am wondering if the Uni cert is absolutely essential or mandatory in the application for this subclass 457 visa. Or have there been cases where the same class of visa has been granted without the copies of the certs.

Guest Cecilia Pryce

sorry can't answer can't you ring the UNI and ask for a certified report to say he has the qualification?

Archived