457 visa update on web page reads 'being processed further'

Guest Cecilia Pryce

Guest Cecilia Pryce

Hi ok I am the sad one who sits at her PC everymoring pressing all the buttons incase something has changed and it HAS.

Our 457 visa application - on the update via the immi link now says (as of 8.8.07) being processed further. instead of 9.7.07 processing commenced.

Anyone ever seen this / remembered how long it took to get visa's granted from this point or do you think it means they don't like what they see / may want more information? Its a company move as they have decided to let me spreed my wings - I have been with the company since 1991 based in the UK between London, Yorkshire and Suffolk, shipping grain round the world in ships (not containers - otherwise I may be able to do our move cheaper???), and am heading to Melbourne to join our office there shipping Australian Grain round the other side of the world. OH and I are really frustrated over how long everything takes but we understand we are the lucky ones compared to most on this site. Our 22/23 month old daughter, Alicia keeps saying big sand pit when we say we are going to Australia? she has a great view on life, and Digger the 4 year old boxer dog just looks at us as if we are mad???? love to hear anything about the above change on our visa status. Planing on getting moved end Oct but to move out of this house end sept / early Oct assuming buyers don't get bored waiting for us to exchange etc.

Hi,

Our 457 said this on the 26 July not heard anything since.

Although it still says health requirements outstanding and nothing else has been requested yet fingers crossed that all is well.

I'm hoping that they are just waiting for these and they will give us our visa.

We also know our medicals were signed for at the LCU on the 11th July,so they most likely now sat in a pile like lots of others.:SLEEP:

We're hoping to be going Sept/Oct too but as each day passes it looks less likely as Kev will have to give 2 months notice.We keeping fingers crossed employer will just allow it to be shorter and to be able to use his holidays as well as they would normally have to be used up before 24th Sept..:arghh:

Guest Cecilia Pryce

thanks for info - our meds etc were done on line - ie sent direct via e mail / computer link from doctor / hospital and were all recived etc by the 20th July and are finalised according to details on our case. Good to keep in touch - the waiting is awful i just want to get on with everything - I think the local Charity shop will put up a sign saying full soon?

Guest Cecilia Pryce

hi there just to say happy days are here again - WE HAVE OUR VISA'S!!!!!!! On the web site as of this am???? so it took 1 month from submitting our online application, online meds were finalised 20th July and 9th August we got them?????? Can't really belive it but just spoke to my new boss in Melbourne and he can't wait for us to get over there - here's to Melbourne end Oct? good luck with yours - let us know how you get on.

Archived